Chose preferred TV card for recordings (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    TV-Server Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: Intel E8200
    HDD: WD 5000AACS 500GB
    Memory: 4 GB (2 GB Ramdisk)
    Motherboard: Asus P5K-E Wifi
    Video Card: MSI NX-8500-GT
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Soundmax HD Audio (ADI 1988B onboard)
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial
    Sound Card Driver: 1.6310
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle DualSAT 4000i
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: 16.04.2007
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: Core AVC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M VFD (0x3601)
    Cooling: Scythe Ninja mini
    Power Supply: Seasonic SS12-380
    Remote: Harmony 555
    TV: Panasonic TH50 PZ80
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,

I realized the following and possibly principal issue in MP. I have one S2 TV card and one standard (dual) SD TV card.

When a preprogrammed recording is about to start I am not sure which card will actually be selected for the recording. If the S2 card is used, watching HD channels parallel to the ongoing recording is obviously not possible. Is there any mechanism which card is chosen or is it arbitrary, depending which one is available at a given time?

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
    I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 New to Media Portal DE
    Thank you for the reply. It looks like a codec mess. the LAV audio decoder / playback has a -350 delay on the audio on one set of channels and is +150 on the others lol. Thats so strange! I didn't have time to mess with it much yesterday but I was able to see where the problems are more. Updated drivers for AMD Radeon V5800 but...
    Thank you for the reply. It looks like a codec mess. the LAV audio decoder / playback has a -350 delay on the audio on one set of...
    Hello Media Portal people! I was running windows 7 box with Silicone Dust tuner & WMC. Worked great for many years. I tried KODI...
    Replies
    Views
    Alright, here comes the update. I did a new recording of a HD stream and watched it on the client without MCEbuddy used. Worked fine, no stutter. Then ran MCEBuddy and it also worked fine :-) That puzzled me a bit. So I checked the TV cards for discontinuities, but there were none. Actually - to whatever reason - a couple of recent...
    Alright, here comes the update. I did a new recording of a HD stream and watched it on the client without MCEbuddy used. Worked...
    Hi, I have some strange effect with Mediaportal 1.17. I recorded a TV movie that was in HD. It is stored on a media server and the...
    Replies
    Views
    @Owlsroost @mm1352000 Just wanted to clear this up finally. The Nvidia GTX 1050Ti is now installed in my Desktop PC, and if I play the problem recording there I still get a green screen etc. with the Hardware Decoder set to DXAV2 Copy-Back and Native, however with Lav 0.70.0 the Nvidia Cluvid decoder now supports HEVC and when I use...
    @Owlsroost @mm1352000 Just wanted to clear this up finally. The Nvidia GTX 1050Ti is now installed in my Desktop PC, and if I play...
    I have recently begun to experience green screens very intermittently when watching live DVBT2 HD (HEVC) TV and yesterday evening I...
    Replies
    Views
    Dear Morpheus_xx, I still assume that the issue is not due to hardware problems. In the beginning of my search I thought, I would need to dig into the registry, but eventually found out that GraphStudio can in principle also change the merit of decoders. As a first step I attempted to alter the Microsoft DTV-DVD A/V Decoders, but...
    Dear Morpheus_xx, I still assume that the issue is not due to hardware problems. In the beginning of my search I thought, I would...
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 2 Summer '15 Update 1 Release Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 CPU Type: Intel i3-2105...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom