Ci+/hd+ faq (1 Viewer)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I think that we must simply wait. Wait either for the death of CI+ or a hack of it for HTPCs. But I doubt both a little... I would like watch Formula 1 tomorrow in HD on RTL so much though...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Made this thread a sticky, since more and more users will be interested in CI+/HD+ in the near future.

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Ci+/hd+ faq

last weekend - we had some commercials in our postbox -
    mediamarkt and saturn ... both sell now HD+ CAMs with a Astra HD+ card ... (for Pro7 & Co.)

did anybody bought an test ?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Ci+/hd+ faq

last weekend - we had some commercials in our postbox -
    mediamarkt and saturn ... both sell now HD+ CAMs with a Astra HD+ card ... (for Pro7 & Co.)

did anybody bought an test ?
    Nope. Last intel I have from Kathrein directly is that HD+ CAM's only work in specific brands of sat-receivers.
    i.e. by one which works in a Kathrein, it wont work in Hirschmann.

The company in which receiver the CAM is supposed to work, has to pay a licensen. + there is a maximum amount of HD+ legacy CAM's they are allowed to order.

But I don't know what kind of HD+ CAM they sell there in germany.
    Could be one which requires a CI+ interface which then is a completelly different story.

btw. MediaMarkt will nichts mehr von HD+ wissen! - DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - Forum

*edit*
    Media Markt. TV & Video. TV-Programme in HD-Qualität. HD+ Empfang.

You need an TV or Sat-Receiver with an CI+ interface.
    These cams do NOT work in normal CI's.

Since there is no TV-Card with CI+ -> useless for HTPCs.​

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The DVB organization is also developing a new standard for watching DVB in a home network in a protected way.

See: http://www.dvb.org/technology/standards/a144_DVB-HN_commercial_requirements.pdf

Technical documents are also available, but the commercial document will give a good overview. It actually looks very similar to what MP is trying to achieve and compatible to the idea of CI+ protection.

Nice find. Because this will be the future. Sure CI+ will be horrible, but surely end to end encrypted systems will become available to HTPC also. The Micrsoft Mediaroom allready supports end to end also.
    So a CI+ tuner might be enabled in the future to stream to a next node in you house but only if it fully respects the CI+ rules. But those nodes will become available I think. Xbox or playstations that are licensed as a next node for example.
    I am not sure how this will look exactly, but I am sure that multiroom sollutions will be available.
    But that will also render the hole MP fills a bit smaller...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom