[confirm] CI menu on Firedtv/Floppydtv card does not work in clean install of MP 1.2 BETA (1 Viewer)

crackdown

Portal Pro
November 24, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.2 beta
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: Windows 7 32 BITS
CPU Type: Intel ICore 5
HDD: Intel SSD
Memory: 4 GB
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-Vpro
Video Card: GIGABYTE HD 6450 passive
Video Card Driver: AMD Catalyst 11.7
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: onboard
Sound Card Driver: default installation of MP
1. TV Card: Floppydtv
1. TV Card Type: Cable
1. TV Card Driver: Latest firedtv beta drivers for Windows 7
2. TV Card: Floppydtv
2. TV Card Type: Cable
2. TV Card Driver: Latest firedtv beta drivers for Windows 7
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: S21T
Cooling: Mughen
Power Supply: 550 watt PASSIVE
Remote: S21T
TV: SONY KDS55A2000
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI 1.4a

On a clean Windows 7 32 bits installation, with 2 floppydtv cards installed from Digital Everywhere I installed a clean MP 1.2 Beta installation with no plugins. Scanning of stations is no problem, and even timeshifting on non-encrypted channels is possible. However when I try to enter the CI menu, I get the following errror:

"The selected card doesn't support CI menu or CAM is not ready yet (Initilization of Cam mey require > 10 seconds)."

This happens on both installed cards in the CI menu. Therefor timeshifting of encrypted channel gives a "channel is decrypted" error.

When I do a clean installation on a clean Windows 7 OS of MP 1.1.3 everything works fine: the CI menu recognizes the CAM and the smartcards inserted.
When I UPDATE this working installation from 1.1.3 to MP 1.2 BETA, is KEEPS working!
This makes me think that support for the floppydtv cards was accidently left out in the new 1.2 BETA setup.

Since this error occurs in the TV setup screen, I am unable to enclose logfiles I am afraid. Unless I missed something?

:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi crackdown

Since this error occurs in the TV setup screen, I am unable to enclose logfiles I am afraid. Unless I missed something?
    Actions in TV Server configuration will also be registered in the logs. Please use the watchdog with option 3 to post the full set of logs from your system.

mm

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi crackdown

Actions in TV Server configuration will also be registered in the logs. Please use the watchdog with option 3 to post the full set of logs from your system.

mm

Thank you! I succeeded in creating log files which i will enclose. I narrowed the problem down however, and it seems more users have the same problem: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/installation-configuration-support-53/sidebyside-error-loading-kncbdactrl-dll-95952/

kncbdactrl.dll is not loaded beacause in a clean install of MP 1.2 BETA C++ 2010 runtime (x86) is installed and not
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86). After installing C++ 2008 the problem is fixed.

Since floppydtv is still being used among a lot of users, maybe they should be notified during install? The floppydtv card is back in production but we are still waiting for new drivers.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Precisely why I wanted to check your logs. We'll be adding the VC++ 2008 redistributable back into the installer for 1.2.0rc and final. It was never meant to be removed in the first place - we just got a bit ahead of ourselves. My apologies for the inconvenience! :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom