City not showing for Guide - Newbie here (1 Viewer)

Randall

November 3, 2005
JUST installed and am starting to play and as I'm looking for more TV/Video then anything else, I am centering on the TV module.

I can't seem to pull anything OTHER then one city in the US for the guide.

IF this is posted somewhere else (I did search) just point the old nose in the right direction and I'll be on my way.

Thanks.

Also, I'm thinking of moving from Snapstream to this, any thoughts?

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Are you talking about the MP EPG set up? There is currently only one default US city. I can help you with setting up XMLTV if you would like. I use it with great success.

Can't speak for Snapstream, but me and wife love Media Portal. I went through a brief and errant stint with Media Center just a couple of weeks ago and I was "ordered" to put Media Portal back on :p
We both like the options and layout.

Randall

November 3, 2005
wishywashy said:
Are you talking about the MP EPG set up? There is currently only one default US city. I can help you with setting up XMLTV if you would like. I use it with great success.

Please, that would be welcome - I can take LA's feed and it's Direct TV.

wishywashy said:
Can't speak for Snapstream, but me and wife love Media Portal. I went through a brief and errant stint with Media Center just a couple of weeks ago and I was "ordered" to put Media Portal back on :p
We both like the options and layout.

I've heard that it's really a weak alternative to either Sage/Snapstream/Meedio - can't say with Media Portal as I've not gotten everything to work yet.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    [quote="Randall... can't say with Media Portal as I've not gotten everything to work yet.[/quote]

Just wondering, what have you been not able to get working.

Randall

November 3, 2005
    mzemina said:
    [quote="Randall... can't say with Media Portal as I've not gotten everything to work yet.

Just wondering, what have you been not able to get working.[/quote]

The TV module, which is - really - the only one I'm REALLY interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom