Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I like the "forum for each major release" idea.

It would be nice to have a search feature where you could choose which release version, or all versions, you wanted to search.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    marshall said:
    I like the "forum for each major release" idea.

It would be nice to have a search feature where you could choose which release version, or all versions, you wanted to search.

That sounds like a good idea. Also there are some categories (for example developing) that could be common for all versions.

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Another idea that struck me was to have a forum for each individual main program area item, Mymusic, MyTV, etc. seems to me that some of the forums are way too vague and it is sometimes difficult to decide where a particular post should go.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay - By "cleaned" I hope you mean that the applicable information is transferred and reformatted (if necessary) then placed into the appropriate section(s) (sometimes the same info needs to be placed into more than one location for ease-of searching) of the MP wiki?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    mzemina: Yes, but most iumportantly; updating, replacing or removing stickies

Efros: Thought about that myself. Could/sholud be a "sub-menu"

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    Efros said:
    Difficult to do this arbitrarily as there are still some issues after 12 months that are relevant. It would have to be done on a topic by topic basis which means huge amounts of work for someone. I think that an archive would be useful, after 6 months inactivity the thread is purged from the active forum and deposited in a read only archive.
    I support your suggestion to create a read only archive of inactive threads.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    I believe that the forms could use some trimming. I understand that there is a wealth of information but a lot of it is dated. With a program such as MediaPortal that is constantly under development and changing, information can get stale fast.

There should be no reason that I can think of to keep really old forum posts that may be irrelevant in terms of using MP 0.2 and will often just confuse people in finding the information that they need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom