Clear QAM DC-II video question (1 Viewer)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps you may want to try the attached version of TsWriter.
    Just overwrite your current TsWriter.ax from latest SVN.

IMPORTANT: You have to do a rescan of your channels, because they are "marked" as DC-II, which is necessary for timeshifting

OTHER WAY WITHOUT RESCANNING:
    Change the isVideo flag in the database to true and change the PMT pid to its negative equivalent.
    That means: original PMT pid 30, change to -30

Please let me know your results.

The most important log file to post in case of errors is TsWriter.log
    :D

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    gemx,
    OK. I tried the TsWriter.ax with 1.1 Alpha, but nothing worked (normal channels or DC-II). Figured the problem was I wasn't on the latest SVN, so installed 1.1 Beta and retested with your test TsWriter.ax file. Normal channles are fine, but DC-II gives an "unableToStartGraph" error. I had edited the DC-II channel information to reflect the negative value for the PMT PID (-55) , IsTV =true and IsRadio=false.
    The TsWriter and TV logs are attached. I have a 1 minute .ts file from the History channel with the 0x80 video tag and AC-3 audio if you would like.

Attachments

• tv.zip
      30.6 KB

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for testing so far.

There was a problem with the negative pmt pid somewhere in the chain the originally "signed int" was converted to "unsigned int" so the pmt pid got totally messed up.

Anyway i found a new approach without patching the db.
    Well without scanning you have to set the "hasVideo" in TuningDetails manually otherwise a rescan should find.

Please try the following:

- Stop TvService
    - Replace TsWriter.ax
    - Patch the tuning details to hasVideo=true
    - Start TvService
    - Timeshift the channel
    - Post your TsWriter.log

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    Gemx:
    Thanks for staying with this. I tried the replacement TsWriter file. It appears that the video is found, but now has an issue with audio on the problem channel. (Not sure about this as I'm only reading logs) I have attached the pertinent parts of the Tv and TsWriter log files. The sequence of testing was as follows:
    Preview working channel 59 FNC (Unknown 547250-39) at 13:15:58.828125 = all is working fine
    Preview problem channel History Test (Unknown 595250-3A) at 13:16:14.281250 = NoVideoAudioDetected Error
    Preview working channel 29 Discovery (Unknown 691250-30)at 13:16:55.656250 = all is working fine

I'll be happy to do anymore digging or testing you like.:)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, this should work now :)

Please also update TsReader !

Attachments

• TsReader.rar
      30.6 KB

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    Looks like it is closer, but still the same NoVideoAudioDetected error message. The test run was to check problem channel first and then known good channel. Looking at the logs, it looks like at the start of timeshift the Recorder detects start of audio, but not start of video. See attached logs.
    Again, thanks for staying with this.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, it's getting better. Now TsWriter at least accepts the stream but i forgot to change another line :)

You can keep the TsReader.ax from the post above and please try again with the attached TsWriter

Please post all your log files
    :D

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    :DOn first evaluation it works great! I'll continue to work with it to see if anything else crops up and report back in a day or two. Great work! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom