Clicking on channel in epg goes nothing (1 Viewer)

Pete4000uk

Portal Member
May 27, 2018
Home Country
England England
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2

Description
When I'm in the program guide and want to watch a channel I click on the channel but nothing happens most of the time. I sometimes get a 'click' sound but no channel comes up.

Restarting the player doesn't help.

Thanks

Steps to Reproduce:
Open MP2 - 'TV' click on channel.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I moved your posting to the "general" section as this is definitely not a bug. The TV plugin is a fundamental functionality of MP 2 (and of course MP 1) that is working for everybody.

When I'm in the program guide and want to watch a channel I click on the channel
    Clicking on the channel name brings up a detailed program guide for the next 24 hours. You need to select a show for the TV to start playing, but I trust that's what you did.

Restarting the player doesn't help.
    What do you mean by "Restarting the player"? The MP2 client application? The TV application is running as part of the server process. If nothing happens when launching TV, then the TV plugin is not functioning or another problem exists (e.g. port blocked). If you can launch the 'TV configuration', the TV plugin itself is operational.

Anyway, it's hard to tell what is wrong on your system as long as you have not provided your logs. A special "Log Collector" icon can be found on your desktop. Execute it and upload the zip file here.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just saw that you posted exactly the same question back in May: WMC Skin full screen/EPG

And received essentially the same comment from another team member:
    In this case you have a general problem. You did already configure the tuner according to the WIKI manual and see channels in TV-Setup?
    If yes, please attach your log files, so we can see what is happening on your PC. You have a LogCollector icon on your desktop for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom