Client must be running on server for streaming to work? (1 Viewer)

nbroad

November 20, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

I have found that the Client GUI must be running on the TV Server PC for streaming to another client to work.
ver 1.2.1 for both server and client.

Is this normal?
ie. on the server, with the TV Server running and not the Client GUI running, try to stream live TV to a client only installation and it streams, but stutters and breaks up badly.. pretty much unwatchable.
The moment I start the client GUI on the TV server, the streaming to the other client works perfectly - smooth streaming with no breakup or stuttering.
I don't do anything with the client, just open it and minimise it.
The moment I close the client GUI on the TV server, the streaming to the other client starts breaking up and stuttering badly again.
This is on 100mbps wired LAN.

Cheers,
Nigel

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Nigel :)

To answer your question: no, you shouldn't have to have the client open on the server. Stuttering can be caused by a range of things...
    - networking speed
    - HDD stress
    - video decoding load
    - bad signal
    - high system temperatures
    ... the list goes on...

First thing I would do is check whether the issue is on the client or server side - check for continuity errors in the TsWriter log. I'd encourage you to post logs here. You can collect the client logs using the watchdog, but you'll need to grab the TV Server logs manually - open TV Server configuration, click "open log directory" in the top left hand corner, zip up all the files you find there and post the two zip files here.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom