Client/Server for more than MyTV? (1 Viewer)

bermag

Portal Pro
August 21, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have not yet tried to run TVE3 with separate client/server (but will probably in the future). Actually havent yet run TVE3 at all lol.

What I am wondering is if the other parts of MP like My Video/Music etc is possible (today or planned for the future) in client/server. For example when on another MP client I want to play all the music, videos etc which resides on my main HTPC (ie my server) without having to manually copy the database etc. No matter which PC I am on I want to have access to all my content and it should look the same no matter which seat I am using.

I guess one of the reasons to use a c/s database in TVE3 is to make it easier to share the database (not sure if the tve2 is a single user database but I guess so). Has the other tables been migrated or do video/music database still reside in the same database as before (guess that might not be a priority ATM).

It would be espeically cool if music and video could be streamed to the client without having to use ordinary file sharing methods (could probably get this working with the current version by just pointing the video share to a networked folder).

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have not yet tried to run TVE3 with separate client/server (but will probably in the future). Actually havent yet run TVE3 at all lol.

What I am wondering is if the other parts of MP like My Video/Music etc is possible (today or planned for the future) in client/server. For example when on another MP client I want to play all the music, videos etc which resides on my main HTPC (ie my server) without having to manually copy the database etc. No matter which PC I am on I want to have access to all my content and it should look the same no matter which seat I am using.

I guess one of the reasons to use a c/s database in TVE3 is to make it easier to share the database (not sure if the tve2 is a single user database but I guess so). Has the other tables been migrated or do video/music database still reside in the same database as before (guess that might not be a priority ATM).

It would be espeically cool if music and video could be streamed to the client without having to use ordinary file sharing methods (could probably get this working with the current version by just pointing the video share to a networked folder).

As far as I know its only TV/Radio (if applicable) that are shared on a client/server basis. I use my laptop in the lounge currently for music (TV's still a bit flaky at the moment for me) as its hooked up to my hi-fi.

For that I just setup the path to my music e.g. \\192.168.0.66\MusicStore in my network places on my laptop, so that its selectable in the config program. Just then did a scan music on laptop, and setup the music share watcher to keep updates.

For videos and TVSeries I copied the databases over and thumbs; just made sure again when setting up DB's on on main PC I added network paths not local paths when setting up. I then manually update videos occasionally, by checking through share view for new ones, then adding them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom