Client takes 20 seconds to "run" when accessed 1st time (1 Viewer)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been using MediaPortal for years and consider myself reasonably competent in its usage. Recently I've noticed when I start a client (on my GB-LAN) it opens just fine. When I select TV, or Recorded-TV there's about a 20 second pause before the screen updates to the new screen and the selected function is displayed. Once I'm IN MediaPortal I can watch a video and then select TV and it will immediately paint that screen. On another client (not the attached log) I've set TV to come ON when selected, again, a 20 second delay to paint the screen but when it does the TV is running a Live channel.

I don't know if this is associated with the use of MySQL 5.6 or what causes this... I've attached my log in hopes that someone may identify the issue and suggest a fix. Or maybe this is just how MP is doing now under 1.7.0

Thanks
    Andrew

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is this the ipv6 issue I've seen mentioned a few times, maybe?
    That's a possibilty.

Andres,
    After looking @ the logs, i noticed:
    [2014-04-27 18:02:06,835] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome:OnPageLoad
    [2014-04-27 18:02:24,206] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - ChannelNavigator::Reload()

This looks pretty similar to an issue i've been having (and the team is still working on), which pointed to corrupt content in the SQL Tables. After i set up an MSSQL dB, my problem is gone. I always had a 30 seconds UI freeze after resume, when entering TV Home. UI was instantly repsonsive after resume from S3, but the first time i entered TVHome after resume, it stalled for 30 seconds.

So you could try 2 things:
    1. Install MSSQL and test with that
    2. Create a new MySQL db and test with that

I also did option 2, and i just updated the JIRA issue with some comments on that yesterday:
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4070

You can follow progress there also.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've been using MediaPortal for years and consider myself reasonably competent in its usage. Recently I've noticed when I start a client (on my GB-LAN) it opens just fine. When I select TV, or Recorded-TV there's about a 20 second pause before the screen updates to the new screen and the selected function is displayed. Once I'm IN MediaPortal I can watch a video and then select TV and it will immediately paint that screen. On another client (not the attached log) I've set TV to come ON when selected, again, a 20 second delay to paint the screen but when it does the TV is running a Live channel.

I don't know if this is associated with the use of MySQL 5.6 or what causes this... I've attached my log in hopes that someone may identify the issue and suggest a fix. Or maybe this is just how MP is doing now under 1.7.0

Thanks
    Andrew

I get this on 3 clients since 1.6

Before Home page to TV was pretty instant, now 20 seconds.

Not a fatal error but would be nice to get it back to instant load

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom