Clients not in sync - why? (1 Viewer)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have two noteboook PC's (one Dell XPS1330 and one HP) running MP v2.3.0 SVN 17930 in client mode on a wired network. Both clients stream Live TV just fine, except that one of them has an audio/video delay of seven seconds compared to the other. That is to say that the audio/video feed is in sync on each individual machine, but one machine lags the other by seven seconds!

I could understand a delay of say one second, but seven seconds seems quite a lot. Both clients are watching the same TV Stream (i.e. a DVB-S signal via the MPV codec) and both operate under Vista 32bit - one Home Premium and the other Ultimate.

Has anyone else experienced this before with multiple clients?

Cheers Mike

EvilDude

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
Home Country
I've found the way it works a little odd - if you connect the second machine later than the first, then it will play back from the beginning of the current file it is recording to. Try this out - start a timeshift using the mptvclient, stop the stream, and press play, and it will replay the same section!

I would like to know why - it would be much nicer if the server always played back from where live tv actually was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom