[solved] clone epg for other channel (1 Viewer)

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Just wanted to confirm that merging analog and digital(+EPG) channel versions did the trick: 48hr of EPG are available now, and recording works.
I also tried Webgrab+plus and it works nice in tandem with the DVB-C EPG from above: On some channels I can get 6 days of EPG data. Some channels it doesn't grab, but then i tried a different website untill I see no error messages anymore in the webgrab log.

thx for the tips!

V_J

Portal Member
March 30, 2010
Try to merge the similar channels to one.

View attachment 181450

Sorry for the late reply... I lost track of this thread as I moved away from MediaPortal due to some issues. Thanks for the replies. And it seems nice that other people got something out of it! :)

Just to ask: if you merge channels, aren't you effectively saying that the channels are the same? In that case, if you schedule a recording, is there no risk that a scheduled recording would use the non-HD channel as it is considered equivalent?

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I can actually help with this: if you merge an analog and digital channel (=both National Geographic for example), MP2 will pick the first tuner that is available, so during recording or zapping, you might be suprised if you see the low-resolution version. (I guess direct analog is faster/more available than first decoding a DVB- multiplex and then picking the right channel out of it.)

It turns out you can solve this by changeing the "priority" of the tuner cards in the TV Server settings. For some reason MP2 defaults to a higher priority for analog tuners instead of the DVB-C tuners.
I upped the priority so now it first tries to go for the DVB-C version, and if that is unavailable (ie it is busy recording), it will then fall back to the analog version.

small bug/tip: when you export (and then import after a re-install) the settings from the TV Server to a .xml file, the priority information from above and the folder to put the recordings, are NOT recorded or restored, so don't panic and simply put them back if you are in analog hell ;-)

I read they are testing version 2.1 now, so hopefully my issues and bugs will be solved when they release it. Don't give up on MP2 yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom