Cloning GIT Repository... (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep I'm using Tortoise GIT too and I have tried the context menu "Submodule Update...", you can see what happened in my first post of the thread here, thanks again...
    Okay, I've just done that and it works fine for me. The only thing I had to do is unselect the buildreport entry. The rest of the defaults worked fine.

upload_2014-4-10_21-31-58.png

upload_2014-4-10_21-31-41.png

If that doesn't work for you then I don't know what more to suggest except to try again. It took about 2 minutes to complete (downloaded about 1.6 MB).

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I'm at a bit of a loss at this stage then. I tried deselecting the "Build/BuildReport" path and alternately checked and unchecked the "Recursive" option, all to no avail!

I'm off to investigate the firewall! It's possible it's being blocked based on the URL being used in the .gitmodules file, "git://git.1f0.de/". The fact that it is a different URL from the URL used when cloning the repository might help explain why it works for one but not the other.

Last edited:

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Eureka! That was it, added the URL "git://git.1f0.de/libbluray.git" to the firewall and it resolved the issue, with the submodules now updating successfully! It's always the last place you look! Thank to all for the help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom