closed captioning - US (1 Viewer)

Jeep725

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I read through 13 pages of postings on this topic, and I don't think I found a definitive answer which maybe someone can quickly tell me here.

I am in the US using ATSC all digital broadcast, using MP1.2.3. I would like to be able to toggle closed-captioning on/off during live and recorded TV.

I believe through the forum I have found out that this is possible, but with the number of posts on several different setting being tried, I did not find a definitive list of instructions. Is anyone doing this, that might be able to provide instructions? Thanks!!

Thanks,
Cristina

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Shameau

November 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello Sebastiii,

I followed the instructions you provided to Jeep725 (Cristina) without any success. In fact, I realized aftermath that you said it works with 1.3.0alpha. I'm actually using MP1.2.3. Is the 1.3.0alpha a plugin version or a "non-officially released" version?

regards,

Gabriel

Last edited:

Shameau

November 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    First thanks for the support,

I installed MP1.3.0alpha, I followed Sebastii instructions:
    Closed Caption can work on 1.3.0Alpha with CoreCCParser and only for MPEG2 stream.

You can find some information in the wiki on "Subtitle Settings part"
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/in...ated_Changes/Config_Related_Changes/TV_Client
    and
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...calization/How_to_get_CC_in_ATSC//QAM_streams

Ps : Try video decoder (Cyberlink PowerDVD1X or Microsoft) this is for Analog CC, for Digital (MPEG2 only) need to have Core CC Parser.

but still don't work! when I selected CC1 using the L key, I see no changes in the live TV. I'm actually listening to US channels OTA digital. Does anyone have an idea? Did I missed something stupid?

thanks,

Gabriel

Jeep725

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have finally updated to 1.3.0 (back in June actually) and set up Core CC Parser per the instructions, however I do not get any captions to appear in Live TV or recorded TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom