Closing after startup? (1 Viewer)

goughy

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey all. I'm having an issue with mediaportthis crashing or closing after startup. Once or twice I've been able to get into it, but when I opened Moving Pictures it crashed. This has happened with Streamed MP and Titan/Titan extended. In debug mode I couldn't reproduce it.

I turned on the crash debug thingy and have 4 zips from 4 occurrences which I could reproduce pretty much one after the other. I ended up enabling default wide skin, and disabled all my installed plugins in settings and it has been running ok, but obviously I'd like to have all the stuff running I'd like. I may install mp1.5 and slowly re-introduce my pluggins and see if one of them is the offender.

I've attached the 4 log files here.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll stuff around for a while and see what I can do. Nothing is gonna get me to use wmc again!

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 1st crash accessing moving pictures titan skin.zip
    913.5 KB
  • 2nd crash accessing moving pictures titan skin.zip
    900.4 KB
  • 3rd crash streamed mp accessing moving pictures.zip
    822.4 KB
  • 4th crash streamed mp after opening.zip
    713.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello goughy

Looks like your videos database has been corrupted somehow.
    If you open MP configuration, click open user config files in the top left corner, have a look for VideoDatabaseV5.db3, and then delete it when you find it... I hope that will allow you to open MP as usual again. Remember to take a backup before deleting... though if that database really is corrupted then you'll have to re-import your videos - the backup is just in case that database is not the one which is corrupted.

mm

goughy

Portal Member
    February 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey thanks for that. In the end I've decided to do a completely clean install of 1.5 and see how it goes. I little while ago I had a corrupt db in mptvseries and now this one. Both times I've been using streamed mp and it installed all the components. This time I'm not installing streamed mp at all, and I've installed all I want with the exception of moving pictures and mptvseries. I'll let things run a few days and see how they go, then I'll try installing them. But so far everythings working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom