MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all...

Finally switched to MP 1.0 .
    I installed it on a clean install of Vista 32bit.
    All seems to working ok, but before i start installing a whole heap of codecs i would like to get some advice.

Basically, i will need to play the following file types : .mkv, .ts, .xvid, .divx, .mpeg2 ( there maybe some more, but these are the main ones )
    In an effort to avoid cluttering my rig with useless codecs, i would like to ask what people are using to decode the above files formats..

Currently, the only codec i have installed is PDVD8. I also have AVIVO installed and i am using a HD2600 Vid card with Cat 8.12.
    I have EVR enabled as well as HW Acceleration in PDVD.

So, what do you guys recommend ? I would like to know what codecs you have installed and also how you have them configured etc etc etc....

Thank you

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi

Love the Avatar by the way, well scary!

Stumbled across this thread the other day https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/stand-alone-filters-mediaportal-44614/ haven't read it all or tried it but does seem a good way of not installing unneeded codecs and the problems that can cause.

HTH
    Mark

Thanks Promark...
    I actually came across that same thread about 30mins ago...

Has anyone got any feedback about this "Standalone filter" thing ? Is it as simple as : Install Vista or XP ---> Install MP ---> Install Standalone filter and away you go ??

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom