Codec problems, particularly with HD (1 Viewer)

Robferrer

Portal Member
December 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Does anyone have any more suggestions on how I might be able to get my HD to work?

I summary:
- Thanks to Vista Codec Pack, I can now watch HD .ts files in Window Media Player
- If I try to watch an HD recording or live TV in Media Portal, I get sound but no picture
- I can record HD tv with no problems.
- Standard Definition recording and playback works fine.

Thanks in Advance

Rob

Robferrer

Portal Member
December 4, 2008
Home Country
I'm back. I've been trying a few things myself, but to no avail.

I uninstalled SAF since it doesn't support live HDTV, or playback of recorded TV without changing the filename (not really an option when I want a simple solution that my wife can use).

(The following only applies to HDTV - SD is all fine)

Playback through windows explorer of the .ts files works fine. If I change the filename of the .ts to .mkv I can watch through videos in MediaPortal. Watching live TV or recorded TV through Media portal gives no picture (sound only). A screenshot of Graphstudio when playing back HDTV is attached.

How do I get it to correctly recognise the HDTV video and send it to the correct decoder.

I have installed the latest version of VCP.

Please help - my wife is getting fed up with not being able to watch HDTV without my help!

Attachments

• graphstudio.jpg
    graphstudio.jpg
    73.7 KB

AScott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Robferrer,

Did you ever work out a solution to this problem? I have exactly the same issue and would welcome any advice. My GraphStudio looks virtually identical to the one you posted.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ascott

Robferrer

Portal Member
    December 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Ascott

I did solve it (sort of) eventually. I bought CoreCodec. This didn't work at first (I could only see a corner of the image), but disabling deinterlacing seemed to do the trick.

I should really start a ticket with CoreCodec to see if they can fix the deinterlacing, but for now I'm just happy I can watch my HD programs (and so is my wife!).

HTH

Rob

przemco

March 6, 2009
    Warszawa
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hello,

I have playing with similar problem for a while and after small development I have found a partial solution. My problem is with DVB-T encoded with H264 in Poland. I have perfect audio and no video. If I start GraphEdit I can see that ffdshow is no connected to TsReader filter. I have downloaded sources and found that there is a bug in the source code of Demultiplexer.cpp. The bug is in function "void CDeMultiplexer::GetH264Media(CMediaType *pmt)".
    You should replace line:
    pmt->SetFormatType(&FORMAT_VideoInfo);
    with line:
    pmt->SetFormatType(&FORMAT_MPEG2Video);

This function should looks like this:
    void CDeMultiplexer::GetH264Media(CMediaType *pmt)
    {
    pmt->InitMediaType();
    pmt->SetType (& MEDIATYPE_Video);
    pmt->SetSubtype (& H264_SubType);
    pmt->SetFormatType(&FORMAT_MPEG2Video);
    pmt->SetSampleSize(1);
    pmt->SetTemporalCompression(TRUE);
    pmt->SetVariableSize();
    if (m_mpeg2VideoInfo.hdr.dwReserved2==0)
    pmt->SetFormat((BYTE*)&m_mpeg2VideoInfo,sizeof(m_mpeg2VideoInfo));
    else
    pmt->SetFormat(g_Mpeg2ProgramVideo,sizeof(g_Mpeg2ProgramVideo));
    }

The problem is that it helps only in single-seat configuration. Becouse I have separate TV-server I must develop it further. I'm not sure, but the problem is probably in TsWriter.ax.

Przemco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom