Collection of Native Blu-ray support fixes for 1.3.0 beta (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    looking good

1 thing i mentioned to tourettes in IRC, is that if i have a bd of a tv show with multiple episodes on the 1 disc ..theres a "play all" (IT DOESNT ACTUALLY SAY PLAY ALL I JUST MEAN IT CONTAINS EVERY EPISODE BACK TO BACK) selection and an individual episode selection
    when i select the "play all", i dont get all the language streams available.
    when i select an individual episode i DO get all language streams available

i do get all the subtitle options in both cases

http://paste2.org/p/2091736 ---play all
    http://paste2.org/p/2091738 ----play individual episode

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    looking good

1 thing i mentioned to tourettes in IRC, is that if i have a bd of a tv show with multiple episodes on the 1 disc ..theres a "play all" (IT DOESNT ACTUALLY SAY PLAY ALL I JUST MEAN IT CONTAINS EVERY EPISODE BACK TO BACK) selection and an individual episode selection
    when i select the "play all", i dont get all the language streams available.
    when i select an individual episode i DO get all language streams available

i do get all the subtitle options in both cases

http://paste2.org/p/2091736 ---play all
    http://paste2.org/p/2091738 ----play individual episode

Those logs show that the issue is either in the Blu-ray mastering itself (playlist that has all the episodes contains only one audio track) or there is a libbluray bug. I'm quite sure that it is the 1st one.

Last edited:

pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi Dev Team

i started testing the new patch with my mp 1.3.0a , will report in few days with results cause i have about 20 bdmv movies i can test.

thanks for a great work on a wonderful product.

tzach

pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi Again

OK so i managed to test most of my bdmv collection , no regression detected and seeking is working great , however it looks like moving between audio streams now takes few seconds which is a bit annoying as it was working instantly before using the new patch.
    please check it , as anyone see the same behavior ?

thanks

Tzach

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For me it was always the case :)
    Seeking give sound directly but stream change give a delay.
    I mean Stream #1 -> we change to Stream #2 -> the change was done after few secs (but in meantime we continue to have the sound of Stream #1).
    :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    OK so i managed to test most of my bdmv collection , no regression detected and seeking is working great ,

Thanks for testing. I think we are ready to merge these two fixes into 1.3.0 beta / master now (I'll do it this evening).

however it looks like moving between audio streams now takes few seconds which is a bit annoying as it was working instantly before using the new patch.
    please check it , as anyone see the same behavior ?

Such regression shouldn't be caused by the changes that have been made with the fixes. There has always been "random" stream change delay that is related to:

1) audio renderer delay (buffers) - MPAR has quite long buffers (depending on audio format)
    2) audio stream interleaving - LPCM and encoded audio formats could have up to 500 ms delay between them. If the new audio stream is ahead then it will have silence on stream change

As the stream change delay are Blu-ray disk specific please try to check with the old binaries that the same delay (or pretty close).

Last edited:

pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks Guys , maybe this delay is related to using MPAR now cause i started using the new audio Renderer this week also , ill test it again using direct sound audio renderer and let you know if it gives different results with the time delay.

Tzach

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For me it was always the case :)
    Seeking give sound directly but stream change give a delay.
    I mean Stream #1 -> we change to Stream #2 -> the change was done after few secs (but in meantime we continue to have the sound of Stream #1).
    :)

For sure it's related to MPAR :) sorry to do not mention it.

pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks :) , just a small question for you , using the new MPAR renderer will give better audio sound compares to the direct sound default one ?
    cause i wasn't sure that my sound got better after changing the renderer ?

Tzach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom