Collection view (1 Viewer)

DotJun

Portal Member
February 28, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have set my movies up into collections using the dynamic collections definition. So it works good in putting all my Harry Potter films together, but I'm having an issue with movies that are not in a collection.

My question is, can the importer fill in the collection field with the same title of the movie if the movie is not part of a collection? Right now I'm having to manually input the collection field for solo movies and it gets tedious as there are far more solo movies.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    DotJun, IMDb+ offers many solutions for this. In fact I am about to edit the default rename database to include "Spotlight" in the custom collection of Oscars for best picture. You would be able to add as many collections yourself with the custom rename database. Of course you would still need to edit solo entries, but IMDb+ already pre-groups collections by renaming their title to become a group when movies are in a series, so you could go back again to using "All Movies" and other filters to keep collections together.

DotJun

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    I actually don't mind filling in the collection fields for series films as there aren't as many as the solo ones.

I was just not sure if there was an option somewhere that allowed the procedure to be reversed, that is, the scraper would auto fill the collections field using the original title of a movie. This is how jriver handles it so I was just making sure I'm not missing a hidden option.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Moving-Pictures by default relies on 'collection' field from themoviedb.org database, and it is with IMDb+ that an additional system was added that is customizable as well by the user.

I see what you mean though, assume every movie is a collection by adding the field, and then offer the option in MovPic to hide the collections that are not an actual 'series' to get the results currently used, so that you can do custom editing easier for your situation.

That is actually an approach I need to do for IMDb+ as well, because right now I have to keep adding new series that simply add 'I', 'II', 'III' at the end, which I could have done automatic if I just assume that every first movie title is 'I'. That is why the rename database is as large as it is -- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/master/Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml

DotJun

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Any plan to make that change in the near future? :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It is indeed possible for me to adjust IMDb+ to take every movie imported and auto-add a collection for it, and just make it a default-off configurable option.

But I've been wanting to add extra options to IMDb+ for years now, and not as easy anymore now that I got this new job. Still I was finally able to get it migrated over to GitHub, and I got the development environment rebuild, so who knows. Things are finally settling down at work, and I do not have to attend the many conferences scheduled for this year. That might give me enough time to work on IMDb+ again, but at the same time I got a giant backlog of other projects.

So yes I have the plans, but no idea on timeline.

At the same time, it is called open-source for a reason :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom