Colossus 2 pci card not working (1 Viewer)

Christopher8200

January 17, 2018
Home Country
Canada Canada
Not sure if this is the right forum. Maybe someone can help. I just got a new internal colossus 2 pci card (new in the box but did not come with a disc) running on windows 7 but is not recognizing the card. I've got the blue flashing light which means not recognized by the computer - hopefully just a driver issue but at least there's power getting to the card.
Maybe the card is bad??

I've tried installing drivers -maybe the ones on the website are wrong - successful but it's not recognizing the card model number (perhaps pointing to card issue - rrrgh)

I ran hdwwzd.exe and hauppage is listed but the listed cards do not show colossus 2. Also in devices there is something called WinTV device - I'm sure is supposed to be the unrecognized colossus 2 card. I've disabled this wintv device and restarted only to have windows pick it up again.

On another computer I have the hauppage wintv 1250 tuner card which works great by the way.

If the card is bad everything would make sense as to why it's not working, but I don't know yet if it's bad. I'm considering firing up linux and try to install the card from linux to see if it's a software issue. I've tried checking security issues for software blocking and I've unblocked anything related to hauppauge but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

We can't help you with the driver issues. For that you'd be best advised to get in contact with Hauppauge support.

When it comes to MediaPortal 1, you'll require this patch in order to get TV Server to recognise the Colossus 2:
    HDPVR2 Dish Network MediaPortal and Me

Christopher8200

January 17, 2018
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks, for that patch ... Ok I've got it solved. I'll answer here in case someone else on the internet comes across this. Hauppauge doesn't ship cd's with it's products anymore, they supply you with activation codes in the box and you download the applications from their website.

There appears to be an apparent issue with only installing just the colossus 2 drivers downloaded from their website - it won't recognize the card. Either they've uploaded the wrong file to their website or it just plain doesn't work with the colossus 2 internal pci cards. It may work with HDPVR2 external model but not the internal.

The solution was to actually download the WinTV8.0 application and install. It carried the real colossus2 drivers and installed them for me and I was finally able to get a solid blue light and wohoo! a working card. I originally tried WinTV8.5 but it immediately asked to hook up to the internet - unfortunately I'm not hooking that computer up to the internet - and then promptly kicked me out of the installation. WinTV8.0 was gracious enough to install drivers before asking to hook up to the internet (thank heavens for that haha). Although I can't use WinTV8 yet (I've requested for Hauppauge to get back to me for offline installation) I've downloaded the free capture software which recognizes the card.
    I haven't done anything else, I'll figure it out later when I have time but just glad it works now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom