Combine Movie Lists from Multiple Drives (1 Viewer)

player-x

Portal Pro
February 4, 2005
Bergen, Norway
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wonder if it could be don tru ieder greating shortcuts and trow those in one folder and ad the *.* to displayed file list

Ore using a FTP server, in some you can combine multipe drive's as one if you give them the same virtual name but dont now how to do it exact but think you can log MP in to a FTP server

Use my self a 5.4 TB Raid5 that got still planty of space

blogo

Portal Member
July 6, 2006
Sandnes
Home Country
Norway Norway
Have you tried the My Films and My TVSerier plugins.

My TVSeries can easily index network shares, if you have any trouble try mapping it as a local drive.

puppetj

Portal Member
March 3, 2007
no, what i want to have is have a way to add

x\tvshows
\\tvshows
\\tvshows
etc..
to list as TV Shows and all the media in those folders will be under one list then

for movies

x:\movies\action & adventure
\\movies\action & adventure
\\movies\action & adventure
etc..

would have all those list under

action & adventure

etc...

puppetj

Portal Member
March 3, 2007
they dont mention any thing like that, and what this bypasses the "movies" thing? can i still use imdb ? and it will work on all types of videos files, btw which one do i use what would be the difference?

blogo

Portal Member
July 6, 2006
Sandnes
Home Country
Norway Norway
You use My films for the movies. For this you need Ant Movie Catalog. http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog/

It will be some manual labor to get all movies listed. I recommend pressing alt+ins to fill the list in ant with empty fields, then select the top one, drag the movie file over ant, then arrow down to the next field and drag the next movie into Ant.

When complete select the whole list and press F6 to retrieve info from imdb. Since imdb just updated its design you should run Update Scripts, which is the first script in the list and get the latest imdb import script.

When you are done with that you can also import high quality posters with the MovieGoods script. For integration into mediaportal check out the dedicated forum https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my_films-f164.html

Use the tv-series plugin only for tv shows. It's as easy as specifying the folders, and then it should do everything automatically.

bug

Portal Member
September 9, 2005
I have been looking for the ability to have multiple sources under a single descriptive title but it doesn't look like it's going to happen within MP itself (xbox media centre handles this great), I presume adding such a feature now must require recoding significant features way down the coding tree.

bug

Portal Member
September 9, 2005
... just another point, the movie database might be a good idea, but in practice is not good for what I (and many others from what I've read) would like to do. I would like to be able to use a series of headings under which I could group a number of shares. The existing database is very inflexible and clumsy to administer, especially when there a multiple version of the same movie for instance.

Maybe there could be room in the future for an extra option under 'Switch View' to group shares under user definable headings?

This is my only real issue with an otherwise great piece of software!... and keeps me using xbmc for everything except hidef and tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom