Comedy network (1 Viewer)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
grr. can't make heads or tails from it, and searching the internet/peeking at xbmc didn't help either.

Edit: maybe some lucky shot combination of playpath/app/auth/etc param of rtmpdump...
Just tried XBMC Canada-On-Demand plugin (with setting "my librtmp is awesome" - nightly XBMC build is a prerequisite) and at least Comedy Network works there. So, time to look at the log files and/or wireshark captures.

Just tried XBMC Canada-On-Demand plugin (with setting "my librtmp is awesome" - nightly XBMC build is a prerequisite) and at least Comedy Network works there. So, time to look at the log files and/or wireshark captures.
TSN works in OnlineVideos MePo (Comedy Network should be similar). The fix is to supply swfUrl instead of swfVfy.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey corporate_gadfly,

Very happy to see that you got these working. Thanks for your work on it.

Are these sites available for everyone now? If not, what can I do to help?

Cheers.

Geoff

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey corporate_gadfly,

Cheers.

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

Traveling this week. No, the sites are still on my laptop (uncommitted code). Hopefully I can upload my work-in-progress from the hotel room.

Offbyone, how about google access to svn repo?

Cheers

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey corporate_gadfly,

Cheers.

Geoff
    Hi Geoff,

The CTV platform based sites should be available to the public now. Since this is my first release, I'm expecting a few broken sites. Hopefully I can fix the problems as they are reported and time permitting.

Cheers.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Awesome! I'll give it a try as soon as i can.

Cheers.

G

EDIT: A quick test on CTV.ca was successful... very cool. This is a major event for canadian MP users indeed... Well done!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    A quick test on CTV.ca was successful... very cool. This is a major event for canadian MP users indeed... Well done!
    Thanks for the update, Geoff. I had a flaky internet connection the last few weeks (TekSavvy cable teething problems). One of the issues that I noticed was that most shows were divided into multiple parts. During the transition from one part to the next, I would sometimes get an error when the next part was getting started (could not load URL) and any parts after that would be lost.

Let me know, after watching an entire episode of a show (including more than one part), if you notice any problems. In between parts, you will see the "buffering..." prompt for a few seconds and it should pick right up with the next part (in theory).

Comparing with XBMC, the transitions in XBMC multipart streaming were seamless whereas in OnlineVideos there is a definitely a pause. Is that something we have any control over, offbyone or doskabouter, or did I make a rookie mistake (again)?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No this is the current default behavior. It will first buffer the configured % before it starts. (I can change that though in the next version).

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You should be careful, because if playback is started immediately, you could possibly have to pause the video yourself to get a smooth playback.
    It would be better (and more difficuly ofcourse) to do some sort of prebuffering, but I guess it could be codec-related if that is at all possible

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think I can start a second graph for the new clip while one graph is still running.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    One of the issues that I noticed was that most shows were divided into multiple parts. During the transition from one part to the next, I would sometimes get an error when the next part was getting started (could not load URL) and any parts after that would be lost.

Let me know, after watching an entire episode of a show (including more than one part), if you notice any problems. In between parts, you will see the "buffering..." prompt for a few seconds and it should pick right up with the next part (in theory).

Comparing with XBMC, the transitions in XBMC multipart streaming were seamless whereas in OnlineVideos there is a definitely a pause. Is that something we have any control over, offbyone or doskabouter, or did I make a rookie mistake (again)?
    Offbyone, great work on the new RTMP streaming strategy. As you may know, almost all of the CTV-based sites have multi-part episodes. I have been testing a lot of them lately and I can happily report that 99% of the RTMP episodes play with no problems. Previously, I would sporadically encounter RTMP failures, meaning that multi-part episodes would be ruined if let's say the 2nd out of 6th part failed (meaning parts 2 through 6 would not play any more).

Great work!:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom