Tools and other software Command & Information Center (2 Viewers)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Single line would be a great option. I prefer player time instead of movie name like mini display mdm166A driver.
    It should be implemented at some point. The current SMD draft implementation in MP is very basic and was targeting the GP1212 devices.

Connecting GP1212A01 via usb is easy like mdm166a? GP1212A01 has any usb cable or port?
    Not as easy. I used the following usb cable I believe. The power connection I don't quite recall how I did it now. I think I modified a molex to floppy cable, I could be I did some crimping and used the special connector housing too.

PS. Which case of Lian Li do you use?
    Lian-Li PC-C60 but you need not to connect to power LED cause it's way too bright for an HTPC, can't believe they are selling it like that.
    See this thread. It's really big though, so make sure it fits in your rack before buying.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just published version v0.5.2.0 adding support for ejection E drive media. Drive letter currently hard coded, careful not to try that if your E drive is a hard drive.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    v0.5.3.0
    One can now select the optical drive to eject.

upload_2015-9-2_22-39-32.png

grzesiek811

Portal Member
    October 29, 2014
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I can't connect Sharp Display Manager to Mediaportal MiniDisplay. Will Sharp Display Manager work with windows 10?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't connect Sharp Display Manager to Mediaportal MiniDisplay. Will Sharp Display Manager work with windows 10?

It does work with Windows 10.
    Have you read the following?
    You need a special MP build to use the latest Sharp Display Manager, until MP 1.14 comes out.

v0.8.0.0
    New architecture base on SharpLibDisplay.
    Supports recording notification area icon.
    Breaking changes do not upgrade unless you upgrade MP1 too using the installer provided on MP1-4702.
    After upgrading MP1 you will need to reconfigure MiniDisplay plug-in to use SharpLibDisplay.
    SharpLibDisplay for MP1 now supports single line layout providing better readability for MDM166AA displays.

Also always make sure SharpDisplayManager is running when you configure MiniDisplay otherwise you get some nasty lags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom