Comment-request to my planned system (1 Viewer)

Pharao2k

April 10, 2005
Hi,
I was very active in the HTPC topic a few years ago, but due to reasons I don´t really know anymore (maybe insufficient funds ^^) I took my HTPC apart and didn't find the time to build a new one...but that´s gonna change now.

I spent the last few weeks to read what I've missed since my absence and design a HTPC for me :) But before I order the components, I would like to have a few comments if the combination of components is wise, efficient, stupid, awesome, etc., since the danger of overlooking things is always there and not really desirable when spending such amounts of money.

To have a convenient overview, I used a graphic instead of a list.

What should the htpc do?
It will mostly be used to view HD Movies and Series, via blu ray as well as mkv´s and normal dvds. The audio will first be transmitted via Dolby Digital Live via onboard Sound to my current Soundsystem, then, after I bought a "real" A/V Receiver, it will then be changed to direct hdmi output.

My TV is a Samsung 46" LCD with Full HD, 1:1 pixel mapping and 24p support and it's gonna be connected via hdmi.

Recordings will be rare (since I live in Germany and try to watch everything in English, which obviously is not that easy via TV ^^), but I want to have the choice to watch TV if I want to.

My budget is not defined, I don't want to pay too much (of course), but I don't want to buy a half-baked solution ^^.

So, is the combo in the pic good as it is or would you change something?

I´m glad for every help

Pharao2k

Attachments

• Hathor.png
    Hathor.png
    454.7 KB

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    My budget is not defined, I don't want to pay too much (of course), but I don't want to buy a half-baked solution ^^.

nice components, but a quite expensive solution, you could achieve the same with much cheaper components...

e.g. your cpu: 160,- ...for this price i get an amd 785g motherboard ~ 80,- and an AMD Athlon II X2 250 ~ 60,- the 785g chipset would even save you the money for the external grapics-card ...and all of this would have more than enough power for mediaportal :) ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom