Commercial removal (1 Viewer)

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If you do have question on comskip. Mail them to me or post on the comskip support forum because I am not able to follow all fora where comskip is being discussed.

Thats really good of you. How would i contact you?

erik1958

Portal Pro
January 28, 2006
Can this info be used in MP to 'auto skip' the commercials?

Also comskip has a 'Parallel processing' ability to work with live tv!!! just wonder if this could be applied to MP??

Both zoomplayer (output_zoomplayer=1) and mplayer (output_edl=1) can read the output from comskip and skip whyle playback without the need for cutting.

When using mplayer and comskip in timeshift (live_tv=1) mode (start the recording and start comskip, wait 10 to 15 minutes, start the playback with mplayer) you can skip commercials in nearly realtime.

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
First question, is it comskip that is used in mythTV??

Thanks for the offer of help. I will take you up on the offer when I am in the position to continue testing with Comskip, as at the moment I am not using the tv server as I have had some serious problems with it!!

Its really good of you to offer your assistance. Thanks again.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been using comskip in SageTV for years and couldn't live without it. Sage will run comskip automatically when a recording finishes and marks commercials in purple on the timeline. You have an option to auto or manually skip the marked segments.
    See Sage Community for screen shot http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/MaloreSTVComSip

Hopefully something similar will be implemented in MediaPortal.

alpax

Portal Member
    September 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My 2 cents...
    GBPVR also supports ComSkip - it skips commercials based on the comskip file without cutting them out. That's one of the main features, which I'm waiting to be added to MP.
    That's good it's been discussed here already - hopefully it will help the developers to figure out how to implement this.

dareh

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2006
    Alcalá de Henares
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes, I've also tried it in gbpvr and sagetv.
    Something in the tvclient to skip the chapters that comskip finds. The timeline would show the segments also in different colors. There is no need to cut something you're only going to see once.

Thanks
    Dareh.

alpax

Portal Member
    September 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, yesterday I tried ZoomPlayer. It DOES work with .cut files generated by Comskip just perfectly! Thank you Erik for adding this option and mentioning it here. I've set up Zoom as an external player in MP, and now I'm almost ready for switching back to MediaPortal! Actually I've already done that by removing GBPVR from Windows Startup menu and setting corresponding checkbox in MP! :D

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    I tried ComSkip (not on tvserver) last night - I used DirMon2 to automatically detect recordings and run ComSkip on them as a background process using idle cycles.

I agree - using the resultant .txt data as chapter points seems most flexible and least risky. This could be extended to 'auto skip' coms later I guess.

Anyway, I've raised a feature request for this here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/comskip_chapter_skipping-t19076.html

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2006
    ok, I'm setting up comclean right now on my server, and am going to do a test recording. Did anyone have to tune the options in comskip.ini to get it to work right? I have yet to try it, but it looks like there may be some tuning involved and I was wondering where a good starting place would be. I'm in the US on cable TV. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom