[Videos] Common structure for NFO support in MyVidéos (Maybe XBMC) (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
My 2 cents:

What should the filename of such information then be?
A *.NFO file is a scene information file and should imho not be used here, the content is XML so e.g. *.XML should be used.

The attached example in the first post seems strange, the downloaded file is not valid XML because the encoding seems to be wrong. Also I don't get those
things, the file indents the text several times and is not always 1 if that is the indent level and this actually is not relevant for XML? There should be a DTD, RelaxNG or any other scheme definiton?​

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I don't know, I just followed what exists. I think the extension. nfo is used to avoid confusion. xml files that match the skin

Actually I am not a programmer, I made a compilation of several NFO, I had to make a stupidity ... maybe a dev can answer

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't know, I just followed what exists. I think the extension. nfo is used to avoid confusion. xml files that match the skin

Actually I am not a programmer, I made a compilation of several NFO, I had to make a stupidity ... maybe a dev can answer

I see :)
    Well I think a *.nfo extension is more confusing than *.xml. Usually everyone is familiar with *.NFO files being scene/release information (text-)files with no semantic content.
    *.xml indicates that this file contains semantic markup and can be read and queried by any XML parser. Or maybe invent a new extension like *.mxml (Media XML)

A XML scheme is a defined set of rules which describes what is allowed in this xml file. e.g. you have a <info> node and under this info node is a <title> element. This can be defined in a XML scheme so that the file will be invalid if there is no <title> element under <info>. Or that a <Genre> node can have several <Genre> nodes below and that this information is only optional if available, etc.

Nevertheless maybe a full scheme definition can be made later after defining the content. I just wanted to add that this is the proper way to define a XML file :)

See:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_Type_Definition
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RELAX_NG

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    i don't know what is better, XML NFO or MXML ... perhaps to choose NFO, because other software uses it ! o_O

I thought that the sections were read without having a real organization and information was collected in <title> </ title> example! it is more complex than I thought!

Ok, so if I understand, define the content and then we will see later the container ... . that I properly understood,

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm using Media Center Master as well to manage my movie collection. I have 4 MePo computers in the house. I didn't want all four of them going over the internet updating the move database twice (once for My Videos, once for Moving Pictures) so I thought I would use Media Center Master to do this, and create XMBC nfo files, then set the 4 MePo computers to import the nfo files.

As of this morning, this has failed miserably.

I reset the Movie Database, checked the box to use nfo, don't maintain the db, and did a full rescan.

I never see any information on the screen about the movie, just fanart.

With Titan not supporting both MyVideos and Moving Pictures (you have to choose to use just one) this really takes away from the beauty of MP1.3b and Titan skin. We'll have to use the default wide instead.

However, that doesn't resolve my issue with MyVideos not displaying any movie details from the nfo files?

Any suggestions?

(I think I read that MP2 will use a 'central' database instead of managing separate databases on each machine. That would be nice.)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hi, i use Titan, with NFO, but in sharedview.
    First, set in configuration : check "Use internal NFO scraper only" and unckeck "Do not uses DB, verify if your movie collection is set by folder!
    For test go in shareview and try to select movie with nfo (item, no folder), if nothing is displayed, try to change MCM to XBNE. if nothing work send me files.

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hi, i use Titan, with NFO, but in sharedview.
    First, set in configuration : check "Use internal NFO scraper only" and unckeck "Do not uses DB, verify if your movie collection is set by folder!
    For test go in shareview and try to select movie with nfo (item, no folder), if nothing is displayed, try to change MCM to XBNE. if nothing work send me files.

The upgrade of OnlineVideos through the Extension manager seems to have corrupted the default wide skins in my installation.

Titan doesn't let you see both MyVideos and Moving Pictures on the menus.

So I went with PureVideo HD or PureVision HD skin.

However, that still hasn't resolved the issue of MyVideos not importing the NFO files created by Media Center Master.

I'm wondering if the filenames in the folder aren't compatible?

For instance, here's a typical directory contents after MCM has done its work:

E:\VIDEOS\New Movies\Goon (2012)\
    backdrop.jpg
    folder.jpg
    Goon (2012).mp4
    Goon (2012).xml
    movie.nfo
    movie.xml

Is MyVideo expecting Goon (2012).nfo instead of just movie.nfo?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Only "Goon (2012).nfo" work with MP / movie.nfo NO
    after for .xml or .nfo, i don't remember if Deda has include .xml extension support, but to test !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom