Community Design (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

Can we include in the moder design to show the movie duration in list view?
    Like this. ;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    We could add the duration to the actual list like in your example but a lot of skins already have duration in another location like in athena it is next to the cover art.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    This is an informative initial screen, the time and main menu would be persistent.

To be fair if we could get a plugin dev or two on board we could probably create the persistent menu and dynamic content on home could we not ?

Attachments

• community.jpg
      community.jpg
      1.3 MB
    Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    One thing I'd like is a "quick list" of favourites. Being able to add ANY item to that list and get to it with just one button press would be really cool. No matter what's going on when you press it, it'll just pop up like an overlay, and you can reach:

Weather (x)
    Game Of Thrones S04E02 (x)
    Daft Punk - Homework (x)

The (x) is a button to remove the item from this list. Maybe a plugin could offer this, I don't know, I just thought about this.

Emph

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Some great stuff mentioned here and I would like to see all these ideas played with in different skins.

I'm big on feel and user empowered configuration. It's got to be simple, obvious and immediate to work well. Also a tight default setup that works well right off the bat while inviting the user to play with elements to their needs and taste.

It's a pity that so many properties are tied to being in a particular plugin gui window or not being able to access the data thats in a list (currently only whats focused is available).

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Plugins should publish their properties globally for use anywhere, this is where we have the problem with reliance on latest media handler which does not appear to be getting updated any more. If the plugins properties were global we would not have need for the latest media plugin.
    Are there any plugin devs with a little time to build a small plugin to create a persistent navigation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom