Compact Flash (1 Viewer)

Poko

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, has anyone every successfully installed MP on a PC that only has a compact flash card as its drive?

.NET framework 2 *seems* to install ok (.Net Framework 1 does NOT.. you have to mess about with the name of the drive to get it to install!)

However, when it comes to launching the MP configurator, I get C++ errors. Something about an invalid entry in an index, or something along those lines. It's almost as if the .NET framework hasn't installed properly?

Any advice/experiences would be fab :D !

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have tried installing medai portal on a CF card but i wont work i always get this error in the configuration.
    I probably has to do with windows recognizing the card as a removable disk. Does anyone have an idea?
    I have installed the latest package as describde in the thread before.

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Solved it.

Download: http://www.xpefiles.com/viewtopic.php?t=92

Unpack it and then go to device manager look up your CF card and then right click,
    choose update driver, choose the inf file you just packed up. The computer wants
    too restart 1-2 times, after this your cf card will be recognized as local disk instead of
    removable. And now also Mediaportal will work better.

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When i'm done with how to say a little project with a dedicated TV Server and 3 clients using XP embedded.
    I'm not there yet, at the time i'm using XP professional on one client. But when i get things working
    then i will try to do a little more extensive guide. But how i got the CF to be recognized as a local disk is very easy
    you just need to change the driver like describde before.

tyrael80

April 16, 2009
    hi, i have the same problem. My Installation of windows xp on CF see the compact flash as removable device and this causes a crash when the mediaportal configuration start...
    I try to fix this with the driver download from XpeFiles but it isn't work.

please help me!!!

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom