Compression doesn't work (1 Viewer)

malloy

Portal Member
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes, Ralph, thanks for the tip
I'm using the latest MP version 0.2.1.0 and have VideoEditor installed. The editing feature works fine, it's a great feature. However I've found that in the cutting window the slider can't be moved manually, it only seems to work via the 'forward' and 'backward' button, which is a bit cumbersome because you can only advance in one second steps. It's not too bad, but being able to move the slider forward or backward manually would obviously work way faster. The main problem though, my original one, is that in the end, when choosing 'Cut' it still saves the resulting file as DVR-MS.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Recently I posted a message about this issue. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to select the slider and then left-right will move the slider.

malloy

Portal Member
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Do you use the latest MP version 0.2.1.0?
    You can also try to convert to mpeg using the VideoEditor Plugin.
    Just open setup-> Plugins and enable VideoEditor.

Ralph

Great, using the keyboard arrows works for moving the edit slider, thanks for that. Now, how do I convert to mpeg using VideoEditor, though? As far as i can see when I hit the Cut button it splices it all together, but the end result is, again, a DVR-MS, not an mpeg file, but that's what I'm after. Am I missing something?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    :confused:

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, using the keyboard arrows works for moving the edit slider, thanks for that. Now, how do I convert to mpeg using VideoEditor, though? As far as i can see when I hit the Cut button it splices it all together, but the end result is, again, a DVR-MS, not an mpeg file, but that's what I'm after. Am I missing something?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    :confused:

These are to actions right, now.
    In the first screen you can choose what you would like to do.
    by default it's cutting, but you can also change this action to join several files together ot to convert dvr-ms to mpeg.

Right now, only dvr-ms can take full advantage of all features, that's why
    I would recommend, right now:
    - 1. cut your dvr-ms
    - 2. convert the cutted file to mpeg

Latest infos can be found here: VideoEditor Thread.

Regards
    Ralph

malloy

Portal Member
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    How to convert to mpeg using VideoEditor

In the first screen you can choose what you would like to do.
    by default it's cutting, but you can also change this action to join several files together ot to convert dvr-ms to mpeg.
    Latest infos can be found here: VideoEditor Thread.

Of course! I overlooked that you can change the option with the down arrow in the first screen. Now it works a treat, perfect. Great, thanks!
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom