Comskip 0.79 build 32: Many bugs solved (1 Viewer)

erik1958

Portal Pro
January 28, 2006
After some serious work on the MPEG decoder I think I have solved many of the audio/video synchronisation and timeline problems.
Some serious MPEG Transport Stream and DVR-MS testing could further improve Comskip so keep sending me your feedback.

From the change log

Changes in 0.79.32
- Added the BTV Smartskip output format, set output_btv=1 in the comskip.ini file to enable
- Bug solved: AC3 sound volume is too high causing missing of black frames
- Bug solved: Recording with 3/2 pull down has wrong frame numbers leading to incorrect cut points
- Bug solved: The volume_slip default value is too low
- Added parameter in ini file: ms_audio_delay=5 set to the number of frames audio lags video in dvr-ms files. Default value of 5 should be OK for most recordings.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Erik, I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you are doing with Comskip. I know someday that comskip will be an integrated part of MP, and I look forward to that day. Thanks for coming over here and supporting MP! We really do appreciate it.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I hope people that want this to work are supplying Erik with NTSC dvr-ms recording as he has asked for in this post.

Mike

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    made an error during building.
    If your comskip.exe does not do anything but exit, download build 32 again.

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there, thanks for your work on this i hope it becomes a must have tool before long. I'd like to help with testing on dvr-ms and have set up the various files you instruct to download. Am i right in thinkin that at this stage comskip will detect ads in DVR-ms files but the comclean will not remove them (it works with mpg). Is there something i could use to take the information from comskip scan of a dvr-ms files and attempt to remove the ads. I'm aiming to have this as automated as possible.

Cheers
    m

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    Currently comclean will not delete the commercials, but I will make soon a version of comclean that takes the demuxed output of comskip and creates a clean mpeg file.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First of all, I would like to thank Erik for all of his work. Secondly, I have a few questions:

Can erik use some ATSC DVR-MS files for testing?

What is the framerate I should use for ATSC files and comskip?

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    No need for ATSC dvr-ms files unless you find one that does not work.

Comskip can work with 29.97 fps, 25 fps and 59.94 fps.
    It will autodetect from the recording.

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Congrats erik really a great program!!!
    I've seen that I can modify cutpoints opening the interface and it modifies the .bat for dvrcut, great feature!!!!!!!!
    bye
    ammm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom