Comskip 0.79 build 36: Added DVRCut output format | Page 2

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by erik1958, April 23, 2006.

1. Ralph
    • Premium Supporter

Ralph Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I've MCE2005 also running on my machine and would like to test it.
    I didn't know that MCE2005 can skip commercials files?
    What output format do I have to enable at comskip?

Regards
    Ralph

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. erik1958

erik1958 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Could you post an example of such a XML file?

4. ASiDiE
    • Premium Supporter

ASiDiE Retired Team Member

Computer Tek/Tester for MP
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I just went home and watched a episode of the family guy I recorded. I watched the video without the comericals... Comskip cut out the comericals so good that I thought I was watching the episode I downloaded last night. (all edited and ready to go) I am very impressed. I am hoping that we can get something like wishywashy is talking about in MCE.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

5. wishywashy

wishywashy Portal Pro

USAF
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    This is an example of the xml file for Criminal Minds:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><root><commercial start="229.3291" end="417.3502666666667" /><commercial start="978.0771" end="1191.2233666666666" /><commercial start="1773.5384333333334" end="1930.7288" /><commercial start="2559.5236333333332" end="2782.6799" /><commercial start="3045.1421" end="3167.7646" /><commercial start="3480.9775" end="3778.3078666666665" /> </root>"

Ralph look here for a guide and the files:
    http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/99008.aspx

**Note** I only have this working with recorded shows. It may work in timeshifting, but not for me.

6. mdsflyer

mdsflyer Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again, more news on the 2 issues i am currently experiencing

I was able to recreate again the dvrcut problem on another different large file. Interestingly i tried again and this time it again got stuck at a file size of 684,550kb, when i viewed the file it was stuck at the 0:9:50 point i.e. at the start of the first set of commercials. I tried again on the same file and tis time the file size was bigger than before but again stuck, this time it had safely negociated the first set of commercials but had got stuck at the second set. I tried on a simpsons episode which was 1.5gb (but 3 sets of commercials) and it performed perfectly. So it would appear that dvrcut is definitely having issues with cutting out commercials on my larger files.

The second problem i mentioned before with commercials being missed from certain files relates to dvr-ms files which i have which are from my dvb-s card. (the boston legal and simpsons samples were recorded from a hauppauge pvr150). When comskip runs on these files i get a lot (like a 4mb logfile full) of inconsistent frame errors here is the start of the log file

I agree with the others about the future of this potential plugin, surely one of the most crucial areas. I hope the above gives you some food for thought. Thanks m.[/img]

7. mdsflyer

mdsflyer Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was able to resolve the second problem by tuning the comskip ini file, i now use detect method 255 and have dropped the logo threshold down to 0.15, those two changes made the biggest difference as the logos used over here are a fairly dim white and frequently lost against a white background. So now just to get dvrcut to behave with large dvr-ms files and i think i'll have a working solution for this shortly. I intend to use dirmon and pvrscheduler to wake the computer up at night, run a batch file that uses comskip then dvr-ms and replaces the original recordings in the recorded tv folder. By the way if i use dvrcut and specify the same output name as input it just crashes. It would be handy if that didn't happen.

I hope this information is useful to you, if not just let me know and i'll cease and desist!

:D

Cheers m.

8. erik1958

erik1958 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    mdsflyer,

I found another reason for the inconsistent frame numbers but can you upload the first say 50MBytes of the file producing this error?
    It will help me testing the solution.
    PM me for the upload details if needed.

DVRCut is a simple hack I made, nothing fancy. I prefer if someone else with C# skill completes it to whatever you guy's need.
    I will post the source and everything needed on my server.
    Look for DVRCutsrc.zip

9. erik1958

erik1958 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    For thos that know comclean I made a comcleandvr that works like comclean but it works on dvr-ms file.

Internally it uses dvrcut.

Download comcleandvr.zip from my server, everything is in the zip file.

10. Ralph
    • Premium Supporter

Ralph Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Perfect!
    Yesterday, I just spent couple of hours to get this work, too. :?
    And I even called it comcleandvr.
    I will download your version and will see if we do it the same way. :lol:

Thanks again for all your efforts :!:
    Ralph

11. judolphin

judolphin Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I know this is a dead thread... but yes, I have the exact same experience with a 2 GB dvr-ms file.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!