ComSkip and Comclean - how? (1 Viewer)

simonselmer

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Hi

I would like to make ComSkip and Comclean work automatically on Mediaportal (win7), but I cant find any guides to set it up.

The MediaPortal wiki just says to set the settings in the pluging, and there is not many settings to set.

ComSkip manual only describes how to get it to work with GBPVR.

Nowhere I can find how to "install" comclean and how it works with comskip.

Can anyone help me in how to set up comskip and comclean to automatically work in MP?

Thanks in advance :)
Simon

simonselmer

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Now it analyzes the recordings and records the files as it should, but I can not figur out how to get MP to automatically skip the commicials?
Or even skip them manually. Neither my remote can do it, or F7/F8 works :(

Any help to how MP can skip it automatically?

simonselmer

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Small update. I can see under chapter now that there are chapters generated. BUT the chapter only starts at the beginning of each commercial. I need the the chapter to start at the end of a commercial right to be useful.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Did you enable under "Videos" :whistle:, to skip playback using comskip, this does work for me from recorded TV, but and it's a big but, I use ForTheRecord with unc path's for playback, not the rtsp which is MP's default way of streaming tv.

You are getting a txt file with something like this generated

FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE 93013 FRAMES AT 2500
    -------------------
    1277 3724
    17903 25130
    39395 46737
    62799 70075
    86674 88821
    93012 93013

Last edited:

simonselmer

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    I have a 26 min recording and here is the txt file.

Its like it crashes when I try to use fast forward and backward.
    I will record something longer in a little while and look further into what happens.

In MP settings, the parameter I set was "--playnice "{0}"" - should it be something else?

FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE 39835 FRAMES AT 2500
    -------------------

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Default setting is usually adequate "(0)"

So with that file, from the MP GUI recorded TV, if you use the skip forward F8, nothing happens, what happens if you add the recordings folder to the videos section and then try playing the same file from there, does the comskip chapters work then.

ps. forgot to ask, is this all on a single pc or are you using multiseat, ie server and client.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Also you have got the skip commercials enabled under the MP config\Video section as seen here

This does need to be enabled, even for using the file from the TV recordings screen.

simonselmer

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    I have just recorded a show, 1 hour and 12 minutes.
    The below shows that first commercial isn't until about 54 minutes in (frame 81952).
    But there are commercials already 19 minutes in and again about 36 minutes, but it doesn't pick up on those.

The 2 only "chapters" it finds, is the commercials. Meaning again that when I jump to next chapter, it jumps to the commercial, NOT to the TV show...

Any suggestion to debuging?

FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE 107908 FRAMES AT 2500
    -------------------

simonselmer

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    I figured out to drag the TS file to the comskip GUI file and watched how it detects the logo and think I know what goes wrong.
    The channel used 2 different kinds of logos. One logo when actually showing the show, and another logo during commericals for the channels OWN shows.
    AND even if that wasn't enough, the first kind of logo can be in 2 different places, depending on if it's in a commercial for their own show and it's in wide screen OR if it actually in show and that can be in 4:3, which puts the logo a different place. So I wonder if thats too complex for comskip

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Are you running comskip live, or after recording finished, I had really bad results with live, really good results as post processing.

Does there appear to be any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom