Comskip Assistance plus one other quick request (1 Viewer)

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
March 28, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Folks,

I know that this request probably doesn't belong here. Mods, please move it if it needs to - thanks.

Basically I am having an issue trying to get Comskip to work. {Totally new 1.3.0 install - totally]
TV Server Reflects:
C:\Program Files (x86)\comskip81_052\comskip.exe (The right path on the 64 bit system)
"{0} -t,-n,-d8" Parameters seem ok?
Path to the TV recordings directory:
F:\Media Centre Materials\01 TV - Is Fine [Unless Comskip doesn't like the space in the dir path?]

Even droping a .ts manually onto Comskip does get it to strip the adds.

I downloaded Comskip from the right place and unzipped it into the directory. [Didn't actually therefore "Install" Comskip, as I couldn't locate an install exe file.

Anyone care to help a bunny, with a simple error somewhere please?

Also I want to automatically, say after two days, have a tool look at the .ts files and convert and move the resulting converted file to another directory. Does Handbrake or something else support this function? Basically what are others using to perform this function?, presuming I am not the only one wanting to do this, of course.

Thanks in advance folks!

Gary

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What you can try, my comskip folder is in the root of C:\ so C:\comskip which I have never had a issue with, try that and see if it makes a difference.

Moving files around after recording I'll leave to someone else to explain who does that them self.

Regards

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Currently you have parameters set to
    "{0} -t,-n,-d8"

From memory comskip doesn't use commas between switches, also I think the quotes only need to be around the filename. I think the switches go before the filename and I think you probably need a space between -d and 8.

Try
    -t -n -d 8 "{0}"

Hint: You can use the test button

Regarding a script to move files after recordings end and stripping files etc, check the comskip forum + google there are already plenty of sample scripts floating around.

Last edited:

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
    March 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hint: You can use the test button

Regarding a script to move files after recordings end and stripping files etc, check the comskip forum + google there are already plenty of sample scripts floating around.

No Change to anything as yet folks. New Settings (Command line swtiches) didn't change anything and the directiory back to a root of C: - same result. Zip.

Thanks so much for those suggestions. Anyone got anything or any further advancements for me please?

Gary

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well you need to tell us what happens when you just use "{0}" and click test. putting quotes around switches will never work because the quotes are for the spaces in the filename / directory.

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dumb question. But what are you using to run comskip on the recordings? What I mean is are you using Comskip Launcher or Comskip Monitored?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ both of these should theoretically work, I personally use default comskip launcher with 1.3 Final, and I've read that Comskip monitored plugin has been updated for 1.3 Final

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Cool thing about Comskip Monitored is that you can have comskip not run on certain channels by creating a channel group named "No Comskip". This is useful if like me you record a lot of stuff on channels that show no commercials like PBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom