Comskip build 111: Live dvr-ms processing confirmed working (1 Viewer)

erik1958

Portal Pro
January 28, 2006
It is now possible to use Comskip for processing while recording dvr-ms files

You must set in your comskip.ini file
live_tv=1
live_tv_retries=120

The large amount of retries is needed because of the very particular way dvr-ms files are written. This will cause comskip to do nothing for 2 minutes at the end of the recording, this is normal behavior, be patient.
Therefore you should only set the large amount of retries when processing dvr-ms recordings

Next to this there have been some small but relevant improvements.
Changes in 0.79.111
- Bug solve: On certain dvr-ms recordings audio decoding fails resulting in a lot of "Audio error" messages.
Changes in 0.79.110
- Added the output file for DVRMS Toolbox, enable with output_dvrmstb=1 in the ini file. A second commandline parameter can be used to specify the directory where the dvrmstb xml file should be written. Setting live_tv=1 will also have this xml file updated during scanning.
Changes in 0.79.109
- Improved the blackframe detection during live_tv processing

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Stig, Comskip handles .mpg and .ts natively. I have been getting very good results with .ts files.

Cheers Mike

erik1958

Portal Pro
January 28, 2006
has been working for mpeg and ts for a long time.

set
live_tv=1
live_tv_retries=4

Depending on the way MP writes to the mpeg or ts file you may have to increase live_tv_retries and/or standoff.
Do keep in mind that the quality of intermediate output of the detection while the recording is ongoing is somewhat less but when the recoding finishes the full quality detection is always done.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Yeah, I did mix it up. I used and-81's comskip plugin for TVServer. And of course, it did work on .mpg and .ts files. What didnt work was chapter skipping on still recorded shows. But thats a current limitation of the plugin and not of comskip. My fault :)

mison28

November 8, 2007
    How can I make MediaPortal run Comskip on dvr-ms files while recording? The only option in the Comskip plugin settings is to run when the recording has ended. It's a standalone installation.

Thanks,
    Micke

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    Some people have reported that you may need to set
    live_tv_retries=300
    or even
    live_tv_retries=500
    depending on the bitrate of the dvr-ms recording

mison28

November 8, 2007
    "Some people have reported that you may need to set
    live_tv_retries=300
    or even
    live_tv_retries=500
    depending on the bitrate of the dvr-ms recording"

Does this override the plugin settings and makes MediaPortal run Comskip instantly?

Problem solved! :)
    In the MediaPortal.xml file, "ComSkipLauncher" section, I manually changed the entry "RunAtStart" to yes.
    In the comskip.ini file, I also had to change to "live_tv_retries=300" to make it work properly.

Thanks,
    Micke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom