Comskip: How to? (single-seat and server/client) (1 Viewer)

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Code:
detect_method=127			;1=black frame, 2=logo, 4=scene change, 8=fuzzy logic, 16=closed captions, 32=aspect ration, 64=silence, 128=cutscenes, 255=all

validate_silence=1			; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.

validate_uniform=1			; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues (like pure white frames) if blackframe is selected above.

validate_scenechange=1		; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.

verbose=10				;show a lot of extra info, level 5 is also OK, set to 0 to disable

max_brightness=60      			;frame not black if any pixels checked are greater than this (scale 0 to 255)

test_brightness=40      		;frame not pure black if any pixels checked are greater than this, will check average brightness (scale 0 to 255)

max_avg_brightness=25			;maximum average brightness for a dim frame to be considered black (scale 0 to 255) 0 means autosetting

max_commercialbreak=600 		;maximum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break

min_commercialbreak=25			;minimum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break

max_commercial_size=125			;maximum time in seconds for a single commercial or multiple commercials if no breaks in between

min_commercial_size=4   		;mimimum time in seconds for a single commercial

min_show_segment_length=125 	; any segment longer than this will be scored towards show.

non_uniformity=500			; Set to 0 to disable cutpoints based on uniform frames

max_volume=500				; any frame with sound volume larger than this will not be regarded as black frame

min_silence=12				; Any deep silence longer than this amount  of frames is a possible cutpoint

ticker_tape=0				; Amount of pixels from bottom to ignore in all processing 

logo_at_bottom=0			; Set to 1 to search only for logo at the lower half of the video, do not combine with subtitle setting

punish=0					; Compare to average for sum of 1=brightness, 2=uniform 4=volume, 8=silence, 16=schange, set to 0 to disable

punish_threshold=1.3		; Multiply when amount is above average * punish_threshold

punish_modifier=2			; When above average * threshold multiply score by this value

intelligent_brightness=0 		; Set to 1 to use a USA specific algorithm to tune some of the settings, not adviced outside the USA

logo_percentile=0.92			; if more then this amount of logo is found then logo detection will be disabled

logo_threshold=0.75

punish_no_logo=1			; Default, set to 0 to avoid show segments without logo to be scored towards commercial

aggressive_logo_rejection=0

connect_blocks_with_logo=1		; set to 1 if you want successive blocks with logo on the transition to be regarded as connected, set to 0 to disable

logo_filter=0               ; set the size of the filter to apply to bad logo detection, 4 seems to be a good value.

cut_on_ar_change=1			; set to 1 if you want to cut also on aspect ratio changes when logo is present, set to 2 to force cuts on aspect ratio changes. set to 0 to disable

delete_show_after_last_commercial=0	; set to 1 if you want to delete the last block if its a show and after a commercial

delete_show_before_or_after_current=0	; set to 1 if you want to delete the previous and the next show in the recording, this can lead to the deletion of trailers of next show

delete_block_after_commercial=0	;set to max size of block in seconds to be discarded, set to 0 to disable 

remove_before=0				; amount of seconds of show to be removed before ALL commercials

remove_after=0				; amount of seconds of show to be removed after ALL commercials

shrink_logo=5				; Reduce the duration of the logo with this amount of seconds

after_logo=0		; set to number of seconds after logo disappears comskip should start to search for silence to insert an additional cutpoint

padding=0

ms_audio_delay=5

volume_slip=20

skip_b_frames=0				; Set to 1 to force Comskip to skip frames for higher processing speed.

max_repair_size=200			; Will repair maximum 200 missing MPEG frames in the timeline, set to 0 to disable repairing for players that don't use PTS. 

disable_heuristics=4		bit pattern for disabling heuristics, adding 1 disables heristics 1, adding 2 disables heristics 2, adding 4 disables heristics 3, 255  disables all heuristics 

delete_logo_file=0			; set to 1 if you want comskip to tidy up after finishing

output_framearray=0			; create a big excel file for detailed analysis, set to 0 to disable

output_data=0				; create a dump of the user data channel, used for CC and XDS (such as V-Chip info). Can be use together with output_framearray to remote debug CC decoding

output_videoredo=0

output_womble=0

output_mls=0			; set to 1 if you want MPeg Video Wizard bookmark file output

output_cuttermaran=0

output_mpeg2schnitt=0

output_mpgtx=0

output_dvrcut=0

output_zoomplayer_chapter=0

output_zoomplayer_cutlist=0

output_edl=1

output_edlx=0

output_vcf=0

output_bsplayer=0

output_btv=0				; set to 1 if you want Beyond TV chapter cutlist output

output_projectx=0			; set to 1 if you want ProjectX cutlist output (Xcl)

output_avisynth=0

output_vdr=0				; set to 1 if you want XBMC to skipping commercials

output_demux=0				; set to 1 if you want comskip to demux the mpeg file while scanning

sage_framenumber_bug=0

sage_minute_bug=0

live_tv=0					; set to 1 if you use parallelprocessing and need the output while recording

live_tv_retries=4			; change to 16 when using live_tv in BTV, used for mpeg PS and TS

dvrms_live_tv_retries=300			; only used for dvr_ms

standoff=0					; change to 8000000 when using live_tv in BTV

cuttermaran_options="cut=\"true\" unattended=\"true\" muxResult=\"false\" snapToCutPoints=\"true\" closeApp=\"true\""

mpeg2schnitt_options="mpeg2schnitt.exe /S /E /R25  /Z %2 %1"

avisynth_options="LoadPlugin(\"MPEG2Dec3.dll\") \nMPEG2Source(\"%s\")\n"

dvrcut_options="dvrcut \"%s.dvr-ms\" \"%s_clean.dvr-ms\" "

windowtitle="Comskip - %s"

u095538

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Newcastle
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    I have a multi seat installation (version 1.1.0 final). Comskip is only working after having finished a recording and then playing this recorded file with myVideos. In timeshift mode and when playing a file within myTV comskip doesn't work.
    I would like to use comskip in timeshift mode and in myTV too.
    What's the best way to get this issue working? Install e.g. 4therecord? Is 4therecord running well with version 1.1.0 final? Or should i follow the instructions in the thread "TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode" to get comskip to work?

Any help would be appreciated!

olli14

You need to go back and read the first post. Basically you need to avoid RTSP.

Hi,
    now I'm avoiding RTSP but comskip only works when the recording has finished. During timeshift it isn't working!
    Some ideas!

olli14

First, it's important to understand that comskip detects the commercials by analysing the recorded MPEG file. This process happens once the file has finished being written to. So in other words, once the program has ended, and the file is completed, then comskip parses the recorded mpeg file and attempts to sus-out where the commercials are. It is post-processing, not live-processing. Also it's important to note that if you are playing back data that is coming in live off the airwaves, you can't skip the commercials while they're being aired.. unless you could somehow go into the future and grab the data five minutes from now :)

This seems to be a nice addition!

2 questions:

- How does it work (recognize commercials)?
    - Is it possible when viewing live-tv to mute (or lower) the volume?

1) It works by analysing MPEG data for various 'clues' as to where the commercials are. These include a change in the audio output*, frequent changes in aspect ratio (some commercials are wide-screen, others are 4:3), frequent black frames (the bits in-between two commercials), closed-caption data (subtitle data), they're hardly ever there for ads; and others..

*I used to HATE that commercials are louder than the program, now I take solace in the fact that it's partly responsible for comskip detecting it as a commercial :)

2) Do you mean: "Is it possible to automatically mute the commercials instead of skipping them?" I'm not sure. Does anyone else know? If your questions is as it reads, then the answer is yes, it's possible to mute, just hit mute on your remote control, or keep pressing "-" (hyphen) on your keyboard (Hyphen is for "volume down". I'm sure there's a keyboard shortcut for "mute" too, I just don't know it).

Just wanted to point out 0003212: Add support for ComSkip in multi-seat environment - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Comskip will work with RTSP in 1.2 beta :)

wow, i didnt see that coming

Cool. Thanks for the info jameson_uk.

In my case, skipping works on a client without any additional considerations regarding RTSP. Does this mean that this issue has been solved with the new version of MP?

On some channels, the skipping doesn't work, even though that there is a logo which disappears when the commercials kick in. Before there was a logo.txt file in which you could see the detected logo, but now this seems to have changed.
    I checked the comskip website but could not find any solution to this.
    Is there a way to solve this?

That's great that it works for you out of the box! That's wonderful. I too have noticed the logo.txt is no longer there, however, like you, figured it wasn't a problem but rather a change with comskip (although I didn't check the website)
    . On some channels my comskip doesn't correctly detect the comms either. In fact, of late, it rarely gets it right. However I haven't bothered mucking about with the comskip settings (.ini file) until I get it right. If I ever do bother, and nail it for all channels I watch (only Aussie free to air) than I'll be sure to share it here. In fact now that I think about it, surely there's already an online repository for .ini files needed around the globe...

EDIT: This thread is very interesting (especially hte last post on page 2) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/calling-all-australian-comskip-users-21035/

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    [EDIT] comskip wasn't launching but I got it working. Just had to reboot the PC :)

Another question, sometimes comskip misses some advert blocks and it's difficult to determine if this happens in some programs during playback.

Is there a way to configure MediaPortal to display how long the chapter jumped onscreen so we know if we jumped too far?

At the moment I need to press "I" to see where the current position is, then jump the chapter, then press "I" again to determine how many minutes was skipped, then press "I" twice more to close the info screen.

I can't find any OSD Settings for Chapter jumping, only a timeout.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi all,

i've been using comskip successfully for ages - then, i upgraded to MP 1.2.1, and lost all my configuration data. i've reconfigured everything, and comskip is generating data, but MP isn't skipping the commercials automatically.

i can't for the life of me find the option in the MP config which is something along the lines of "automatically skip if comskip data if present" - where has it gone???

thanks a bunch,

dh.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi dihoff,

You can find the option in the client configuration utility - Mediaportal Configuration - under 'Videos' (main branche) - > right hand side, almost at the bottom 'Commercial skip', 'Automatically skip commercials...'

HTH

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there any way to get edl fikles recognized and used? I have thousands of recordings with edl files and would really rather not have to re-analyze unless I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom