[TV] Comskip launcher upgrade (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

The comskip launcher plugin that comes with tvserver was written a while ago, I think it could be improved a lot.

Comskip has changed a lot since it was written are there are additional options + command line switches that could be incorporated into the launcher plugin.

For instance comskip should be launched with "--ts" to indicate it is decoding a transport stream and if you are processing a tv recording immediately after it has started you need to use additional config items like live_tv=1 and there are config items to tell comskip to wait when it reaches the end of a file that is still being written etc...

I would like to redesign the interface / gui and the way that comskip launcher runs comskip. I'd be happy design mockups for all the screens + do all the research etc but would need someone to code the final result as I have very very limited coding experience.

I would envisage having two modes, basic mode and advanced mode. It would basically pretty much all the configuration options into a GUI which would launch comskip with the appropriate switches/comskip.ini file.

These changes would basically mean that all a user would have to do is download + save comskip files into a directory, then click on 2 boxes in tvserver to have comskip working out of the box.

Let me know if anyone is interested. The coding would be relatively simple for someone with programming experience, the main work is actually designed the GUI and designing the logic for how the plugin would operate.

If no one is interested I guess I will just update the wiki instead.

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    can you let me know what command line options are of use (I know channel name is one to allow different comskip uni files per channel) and I will see about coding (that should be trivial)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    there are lots of different command line options as well as comskip.ini options
    I'd like to the plugin to be able to generate / alter comskip.ini as well as command line switches
    comskip executable doesn't take channel names,
    the launcher already has ability to pass on channel name to a batch file
    basically i want to remove the need to edit comskip.ini for novice users as well as having some options they can change if needed

This is command line usage,
    Usage:
    comskip [-h|--help] [-w|--debugwindow] [-n|--playnice] [--zpcut] [--zpchapter] [--videoredo] [--csvout] [-p|--pid=<int>] [-t|--ts] [-d|--detectmethod=<int>] [-v|--verbose=<int>] [--ini=<file>] [--logo=<file>] <file>

-h, --help Display syntax
    -w, --debugwindow Show debug window
    -n, --playnice Slows detection down
    --zpcut Outputs a ZoomPlayer cutlist
    --zpchapter Outputs a ZoomPlayer chapter file
    --videoredo Outputs a VideoRedo cutlist
    --csvout Outputs a csv of the frame array
    -p, --pid=<int> The PID of the video in the TS
    -t, --ts The input file is a Transport Stream
    -d, --detectmethod=<int> An integer sum of the detection methods to use
    -v, --verbose=<int> Verbose level
    -m, --demux Demux the input file into Elementary Streams
    --ini=<file> Ini file to use
    --logo=<file> Logo file to use
    <file> Input file

Detection methods available:
    1 - Black Frame
    2 - Logo
    4 - Scene Change
    8 - Fuzzy Logic
    16 - Closed Captions
    32 - Aspect Ratio
    64 - Silence
    255 - USE ALL AVAILABLE

but I also want custom comskip.ini that is dynamically generated. comskip.ini changes a little bit with each upgrade of comskip so i want the launcher to be able take the existing comskip.ini and add additional lines creating a custom.ini file with a predtermined set of text for basic mode, and an adjustable set of text for advanced mode.

If your up to the challenge I can do all the design work and I have some basic programing background so I can do all the logic etc.

If your still interested I can make some mockup explanations /screenshots so you can get a better idea of what I'm asking.

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    If your still interested I can make some mockup explanations /screenshots so you can get a better idea of what I'm asking.
    Yes definitely :)

I don't have anywhere as much time for MP as I would like but if someone else can do the design the coding should not be a huge task.

Come up with some mock-ups and I will see what I can do.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great, I'm currently having some issues with running comskip on live recordings 'vs' waiting for the recording to finish before running comskip, I'm working through those issues on the comskip forum, so after that is sorted I will re-design the plugin.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    im thinking not needed now. still some issues with processing live recordings. i think there is so many other things that should be done first at the moment. its still in the back of my mind. maybe after mp 1.3 beta, 1.3 beta is introducing comskip markers in time line right?

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    im thinking not needed now. still some issues with processing live recordings. i think there is so many other things that should be done first at the moment. its still in the back of my mind. maybe after mp 1.3 beta, 1.3 beta is introducing comskip markers in time line right?
    Yes markers will be there. Do we need to change the default parameters sent to comskip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom