ComSkip tuning? Can you help me? (1 Viewer)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

I use ComSkip and wondered about the good results. It really cuts the whole commercialbreaks. But sometimes it doesn't cut the preview of series or movies that will run on this channel the next time. I hope you know what I mean.

I heard about ComSkip-Fine-Tuning. Hopefully you can tell me sth. about how to setup comskip that it also cuts the preview. But it is a bit confusing that it sometimes cut the preview and sometimes not.

Thanks.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    comskip analyses the Picture (e.g. format changes) and channels logos. A common problem is that the channels self-marketing before of a movie, shows the logo, so comskip can't detect whether it is the real show or a commercial...

I don't think that you can tweak this by tuning, but maybe some (more-)skilled comskip people are giving you a hint...

;)

cheers

joystick

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

ok, this explains the logo file for each recorded program. In most cases ComSkip cuts all, it's freeware and gives very good results - so I don't want to complain about this behaviour!

But if somebody knows little tweaks or parameters, please tell me anyway ;)

erik1958

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2006
    I do.

You have multiple options.

- Read the tuning manual
    - Ask for help in the "Comskip for germany" topic on this forum
    - Ask for help in the Comskip tuning forum, see the "How to ask for help" sticky post

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom