ComSkip works via MyVideos but not in MyTV playback (1 Viewer)

dreamwalker

Portal Member
July 16, 2008
I download comskip 79_144 and ran comskip.exe on a sample ts file of a show I recorded. If I take the output fies and copy them to a folder for viewing via MyVideos, the Prev/Next chapters work fine and the video jumps before/after commercials great.

However, if I play the videos via the MyTV module, commercials don't seem to skip correctly. It just skips but doesn't seem to have any clue of commericlas. I've tried using left/right/up/down arrows to no success. In the
logs, I do see this fishy entry:

2008-09-04 00:15:04.390625 [Debug][MPMain]: g_Player.LoadChapters() - Automatic ComSkip mode is off.

Does anyone know what that means or how to turn it on? Full log files attached. :D

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: XP SP 3 with all windows update as of 8/19/08
CPU Type: P4
HDD: 240 GB SATA RAID 0
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: ASUS P4PE
Video Card: ATI HD 2600
Video Card Driver: 8.3n
Sound Card: CompUsa generic
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: TwinHan 1020A
1. TV Card Type: DVBS
1. TV Card Driver: 2.3.8 BDA WHQL
2. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 1600
2. TV Card Type: DVBT
2. TV Card Driver: 3.4D1
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia PureVideo 1.02.233
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia PureVideo 1.02.233
h.264 Video Codec: ATI h.264
Satelite/CableTV Provider: DishNetwork / OTA
HTPC Case: Generic
Cooling: None
Power Supply: Generic 400 PSU
Remote: MCE, Gyration
TV: Samsung 52"

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi dreamwalker

Mp Config\General, have you got enabled the "automatically skip commercials for videos with comskip data"

Regards

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I can confirm that it's not working from recorded tv, will try to find that out. Same for "Automatic ComSkip mode is off" on where it can be turend on.

Edit: PD replayed on how to turn it on so i'll skip that :p

Regards
    Roy

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see this issue is resolved in 20143 on mantis. Does this mean this will be working in SVN20143 for multiseat or is this only for singleseat?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I see this issue is resolved in 20143 on mantis. Does this mean this will be working in SVN20143 for multiseat or is this only for singleseat?

Singleseat, as for multiseat it would require actually implementing something new (as the thream itself cannot contain the comskip data).

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Singleseat, as for multiseat it would require actually implementing something new (as the thream itself cannot contain the comskip data).

Ah OK. Hopefully comskip skipping is added for multiseat in MP2. Thanks.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No wonder I haven't been able to get it to work. When the mantis entries mentioned a TV server setup being fixed, I never considered it was only for single seat.

Is this looking like a major overhaul to get working in multiseat, or could the plugin pick up the comskip data itself as long as the recordings folder had sharing enabled, & there was some way of telling the plugin where the comskip data is (ie. on the recording share)?

Downzy

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Just got comskip working ...then realised it wouldn't work on the remote client and found this thread which explains why - was looking forward so much to getting this working too. Never mind, if I want to be really lazy, I'll watch them via my videos.

Hope it does make it into the build one day :)

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would also love to get comskip going for recorded TV on my MP client.

I have one dedicated client configured to get a TV Stream from my TV server, plus I have an MP Client installed on the TV Server machine. From memory the two clients are configured the same so I don't understand the difference. Obviously there is a difference though.

So if "the stream itself cannot contain the comskip data" then where does it get the comskip data from on the one that does work (client and server on same machine)? From the local disk somehow?

Does anyone have any ideas for a work-around in the short term? I'm happy to automate the copying of com-skip files to my client machine local disk if it could be configured somehow to use them.

I'm tempted (for the first time - normally leave it up to the fantastic MP developers) to look at the source code and see if I can simply redirect the check for comskip files to a local drive somehow. Any clues anyone?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom