ComSkipMonitored TvServer Plugin (1 Viewer)

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Something weird is going on. I installed it. Tried to do a test by clicking the "Test" button but nothing happened. Decided to reboot. I start TV Server Configuration and get a pop up saying it's not running. So I click yes so it can run. Go in to Plugins section and find that the old version is still installed and my other plugins seem to be disabled?

Attachments

• ComskipM.PNG
    ComskipM.PNG
    77.8 KB

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Go to c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins and delete the comskip dll's
    I also went to c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2 to delete the directory corresponding to the plug ins (little bit hard)
    After that I did a reboot and installed the comskip Beta again.Now it seems to work.

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK, there's a problem alright, and thanks to findftp.

For clarity, I'd changed the name of the dll it installs. Not a good idea it turns out as both dll's, old and new, can now live concurrently. :cry:

The installer should have stopped and successfully restarted the TV Service so that's also a little worrying.

I have changed back to the old dll name and for now the "Download" button will just give you "comskipmonitored.dll" for you to manually copy into your "TV Server\plugins" directory. Would you mind downloading this and removing any instances of comskipmonitored13.dll? Sorry for the inconvenience.

John

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

New functionality added to Version 1.3RC

The plugin now allows you to set up a channel group called "No Comskip", using standard TV Server configuration functionality, and the plugin will NOT launch comskip.exe for any channels added to that group. This is useful if you are lucky enough to have any channels with do not contain commercial advertising.

I have now updated the installer process, tested carefully (also thanks to gonzo90017 for testing), and refreshed the download link here:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=214&cf_id=24

Johns11

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Feature request: allow to specify the task priority. My machine is a little bit to old to process HD recordings and watch a show smoothly.

I use comskip launcher at the moment and using this as Program/Parameters works fine:
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
    /c start /MIN /LOW C:\pvrtools\comskip\comskip.exe "{0}"

However this does not work in comskip monitored.

2. Why can this extension not be found in the extension installer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom