ComSkipMonitored TvServer Plugin (1 Viewer)

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I cant get comskip monitor to work... error: cant find comskip.exe location

erhm... I missed some basics, so now its proper installed. However Im not sure that I got it to work properly.
    As I get it; when I start a tv-recording, ts file from the guide, comskip kicks in(at record start) and when comskip is finished I got a new ts file with no commercials in my tv-recordings map!

(The test function works though)

Last edited:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does anyone have it working with 1.3.0 beta? I've have it working for a few months using MEdiaportal 1.2.3. I just upgraded to MediaPortal 1.3.0 beta and no comskip files are being created.

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Gonzo.
    You're a version ahead of me and I've been trying to work out how I can update and test the plugin... I guess I'll just have to upgrade my system and then make sure the plugin is compatible. This will have to be a job for over the Xmas break. I hope that's not too late for you?

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    No worries. You'll have it ready when you have it ready. But I do appreciate the quick response.

I did image my drive using Macrium Reflect just in case the Beta version didn't work as planned. But so far so good.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Hi Gonzo.
    You're a version ahead of me and I've been trying to work out how I can update and test the plugin... I guess I'll just have to upgrade my system and then make sure the plugin is compatible. This will have to be a job for over the Xmas break. I hope that's not too late for you?

Have you had a chance to update this plugin yet.

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi TLD, so sorry for the delay. It's a poor excuse, but everything that could have gone wrong with my htpc seems to have taken the opportunity this summer to do so. Add to that a total rebuild of my house going on, and it's been diffiecult to find the time.

Now that I'm finally back up and running, I'm intending to upgrade Comskip Monitored to 1.3b as soon as I can. Will post an update here of course

cheers

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

I have uploaded a 1.3RC compatible version of this plugin. Plugin can be download from here:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/other/comskip-monitored

I have put some effort into the MPE1 installer so am interested in any issues it may cause. Also, I have not tested with 1.3beta, but I don't foresee any problems. Please let me know of issues or obvious enhancements.

Changes: Apart from the 1.3 upgrade and improved installer, this version will check processes every 30 seconds and launch Comskip if possible, and also has less logging than previously.

cheers
    John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom