[Blog] Concept to enhance presentation of pin protected folders (1 Viewer)

Would you like to see the proposed features added in an upcoming version of MP?

• No! (see my reply which explains why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think it is good to have 'no rating' as the highest restriction. 'no rating' ie unrated, should be seperate from the levels with a seperate user configurable toggle.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    is not Highest : is only to get category
    table edited for set unrated to C0

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok I think I understand

xml based translation of cert codes to a standard general code as per your table, and that standard general list can be displayed in the MP GUI

Untitled-2.png

^ I forgot but would also have option to set the global parental control pin. Also the language could be better.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    list : can add ability to check each Catégorie for custom acces for each folder
    missing hidden folder checkbox :p
    i think @Deda, will love us ! : MDRRRR

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Would be nice if the restricted folder was not visible at all until a pin number was entered in a context menu.

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok I think I understand

xml based translation of cert codes to a standard general code as per your table, and that standard general list can be displayed in the MP GUI

View attachment 129240

^ I forgot but would also have option to set the global parental control pin. Also the language could be better.
    That will not wrk, because in shares view, MP does not have metadata (unless theres an XML) telling the age rating. And so this restriction can't work.
    For that you will need a DB-view -> import the videos. Or have some rule bases system -> files where path includes /parents = restricted.

But we are getting off topic. ;)

Be assured that child protection is something I am poshing for inside the team! :)

Would be nice if the restricted folder was not visible at all until a pin number was entered in a context menu.
    Sure, but that is out of the scope of this very small tweak I proposed here. however this is part of the other, MP wide child protection, even extensions can take use of! :)

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just wanted to check/confirm this feature applies only to Videos Shares view? AFAIK PIN locked content is not visible in database views (so kids never even see it). You just use the 'Unlock Content' on the context menu. Would the folder.jpg you propose even display in the context menu? I can't grasp how it would since IIUC it does not display the shares, you have to remember the pin you assigned to each share (if you have more than one) or use the same pin for all locked content.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @infinite.loop

Yes you are right, would have to adjust concept as follows

Folders:
    \Adult Selfmade Movies\ -> [ ] Enable Parental Restriction for this folder [X] Protect this folder with Individual Pin [3421]
    \Adult Movies\ [X] Enable Parental Restriction for this folder [ ] Protect this folder with Individual Pin
    \General Movies\ -> [ ] Enable Parental Restriction for this folder [ ] Protect this folder with Individual Pin

Config:
    [X] Enable Parental Controls - [SET PARENTAL PIN]
    [X] Prevent access to parental restricted folders
    [X] Prevent access to any video that is certified as (Warning: This will disable shares view)
    [List of certs = R18]
    [ ] Prevent access to any video that is not certified (Warning: This will disable shares view)

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just wanted to check/confirm this feature applies only to Videos Shares view?
    Yes, this tweak here is only for folders / shares view of videos, music, pictures.

I have an other proposal that wil actually remove pin protected folders as we have them right now and handling child protection/media restriction on a global level for shares and db views.

But that all goes beyond this small tweak I proposed here to make things a little better until the large change can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom