Conditional sentence in skins, how? (1 Viewer)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    The problem is this: the Spanish EPG grabber is designed so when there is a movie you get in the title field of the XML "Movie" and in the sub-title field the actual movie name. So with default skins you never know the movie name.

I've done a quick and dirty fix for the Blue Two skin which consists on always showing this information from the TVGuide database which is stored as TV.Guide.EpisodeName:

Code:
    	<control>
    		<description>Current program title</description>
    		<type>fadelabel</type>
    		<id>13</id>
    		<posX>250</posX>
    		<posY>420</posY>
    		<width>200</width>
    		<align>left</align>
    		<label>#TV.Guide.Title</label>
    		<font>font16</font>
    		<textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>
    	</control>
    	<control>
    		<description>Current program sub-title</description>
    		<type>fadelabel</type>
    		<id>13</id>
    		<posX>450</posX>
    		<posY>420</posY>
    		<width>200</width>
    		<align>left</align>
    		<label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>
    		<font>font16</font>
    		<textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>
    	</control>

The problem is, except for movies, shows and some other programs, there is no TV.Guide.EpisodeName, and instead of a blank space, you get a nasty "Unknown".

Is there a way to create a condidion so the TV.Guide.EpisodeName is only showed when there is some data?

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Igalan,

Why don't you try to make it (Welcome to the opensource community)? It is a "simple" XML configuration file to parse a HTML web page. I did the belgian ones...

for your info, I am also waiting for the conditional parsing to be able to add further EPGs for Belgium and France. It may higher the priority of this feature request I submitted to james?!?

It is specially vey good, because it gives you the possibility to configura channel per channel the grabber or grabbers you want to use, the config is not burned-in the exec, so it could be modified very quickly and ... it could be integrated directly in MP, natively.

If you need help, contact James ... or me.

Speak to U later, Zby-)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You can just write an XML? Well well well, that opens new possibilities :). I will look at this :) . Next week I'll be on vacations, and I'll bring my PDA and laptop, but I won't have permanent Internet connection, so that may be a problem to get it done any time soon. I'll try anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom