Config Crashes. VideoDatabaseV5.db3 Errors. (1 Viewer)

neefs

Portal Member
March 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi there,

I allready installed and reinstalled mediaportal and moving pictures several times now and I can't get passed the configuration manager of moving pictures. when I try to close it, the cofiguration screen totally locks up and the moving pictures database is corrupted. I noticed in the configuratiion log that there are a lot of errors (some dll's not compatible with lastest version of mediaportal) just after i installed moving pictures.

please take a look at my logs.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In your Moving Pictures log there are a couple of connection errors from the importer but this is not uncommon and not anything to worry about. It basically means it had a hard time grabbing an image or an html page meant for scraping details from. Based on the log file you posted your Moving Pictures database is not corrupt, it is perfectly fine.

In your configuration.log file I see a whole bunch of SQLite errors involving the MyVideos database (VideoDatabaseV5.db3). This has absolutely nothing to do with Moving Pictures though. My first suggestion would be to delete or rename this database file to see if it resolves your problems. You might get better advice from one of the forums dedicated to MediaPortal core features though.

I hope you don't mind I have modified your topic subject line to be more descriptive.

neefs

Portal Member
March 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Still no go.
Uninstalled mediaportal completely, reinstalled mediaportal, installed moving pictures, nothing else.
Ran the config of moving pictures, every movie info was downloaded, wanted to close config screen of moving pictures: config screen locks up.

please take a look at the first line of the logfile.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Can you check your MediaPortal install directory to see if the file mediainfo.dll is present?

neefs

Portal Member
March 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Yes, mediainfo.dll is present.

Now i've tested some more. I installed mediaportal and moving pictures (latest version) on another pc.
I've copied every configuration.log file and renamed them.
first logfile = after installing mediaportal
second logfile = after entering and closing mediaportal configuration
third logfile = after installing moving pictures, entering mediaportal config (changed nothing, did not open moving pictures config) and closed mediaportal config again. Look at all the warnings in the logfile. this is after installing moving pictures.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
There is nothing wrong with these new log files. The Cornerstone assembly is not a MediaPortal plugin, MediaPortal is just over aggressive in logging this information. Can you please try disabling MediaInfo Retrieval? This can be set from a menu item under the gear toolbar icon on the Movie Importer.

neefs

Portal Member
March 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
IT WORKS!!!!
Man, you are really good!
Unchecked the retrieve info and BAM ... works like a charm!

btw: When you know this setting can cause trouble, why don't you disable it by default on installation?
I see no difference in the results.

Again, thanks man.:D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
If you flip to the Movie Manager and switch to the File Info view you will see much of the media info like codec and aspect ratio are no longer populated. MediaPortal users are fanatic about those stats for some reason so it is enabled by default. ;) I thought this feature was fairly stable, but apparently not. I will see what can be done to make this stuff more fault tolerant, a MediaInfo failure should definitely not take down all of MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom