Config keeps resetting with Multiple clients (1 Viewer)

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I have an issue with ampdroid not saving the client configuration of all my clients at the same time. I run TV server and have a couple of client pc's that i want to connect to & control over the internet. I have therefore had to use different ports in order to allow them through the NAT translation of my router.

Each time I save the client config for one of the clients within aMPdroid it seems to reset the other client to the default ports. So it seems like I can only have one correct config running at any one time.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? What logs do you need?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can you try to clean the app data? I don't know why but I had a case where this solved a similar problem...

Also there is a bug when changing the ports, this will get fixed in the upcoming bugfix release...

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same here, with two configurations for same host (LAN + WAN).
    Cleaning the app data and reinstalling did not help.
    I have the pro version.
    The (CAT)Log is attached but I don't think it has any good info for this....

The strange thing is that when I start ampdroid it has a client config selected but in client setting the list is empty.

Regards
    -Bio

Attachments

• logcat_and_device_info.zip
      1.1 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Same here, with two configurations for same host (LAN + WAN).
    Cleaning the app data and reinstalling did not help.
    I have the pro version.
    The (CAT)Log is attached but I don't think it has any good info for this....

The strange thing is that when I start ampdroid it has a client config selected but in client setting the list is empty.

Regards
    -Bio
    Can you update to latest version (0.6.1, just released) and see if that fixes your problem?

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not sure I understand...
    I reinstalled today version 1.0.1 from the market(Play store), there is no update available.
    screenshot-1333919145332.png

Strange thing is that the app seems to run in the background after leaving it with the "back" key.

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    not sure I understand...
    I reinstalled today version 1.0.1 from the market(Play store), there is no update available.
    View attachment 102075

Strange thing is that the app seems to run in the background after leaving it with the "back" key.
    Sorry meant 1.0.1... The app will "keep running" for 10 seconds (i think) before closing the wifiremote connection (in case the user jumps back to the app immediately).

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not sure I understand...
    View attachment 102075

mate

what DieBagger meant is the wifiremote 0.6.1 not aMPdroid.... :)

find it here...

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/input-output/wifiremote

Cheers
    This is the version I already use.

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I now know when this happens!

When choosen the add client option and the smal window pops up where to specify the connection details I switched to another app to copy/paste the MAC and IP adresses!

It works when I copy the MAC before opening this config window and also typing the IP manually.

Can you confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom