config problem (possibly windows 7?) (1 Viewer)

gorath

January 29, 2010
I'm running windows 7 on my mediaportal box and I'm having issues getting the configuration set up.

I go into the config for the plugin and it pulls up the default settings (127.0.0.1 for the sabnzbd server, etc). I fill out the information, hit test to confirm and it comes back ok with my sabnzbd release number (0.5RC3 atm), so I hit ok to save and close the config window. I open it up back up, and no changes have been made.

edit: Forgot to mention...MP is installed to the default location...c:\program files\etc...

I've tried running MP config as administrator and I get the same issue. I've tried finding the config file for mpnzb, but I haven't had much luck.

From the screenshots this looks like an awesome plugin and I'm really looking forward to playing around with it once I get it up and running!

gorath

January 29, 2010
Well, fixed my problem. I discovered where the config file is *supposed* to be saved (default is C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mpNZB.xml). I created the file and left it blank. I went into config again, entered my setting and it decided to go ahead and save.

I'm not sure if the config file is supposed to be created the first time for the user or if it is supposed to be included in the package. Either way, when installing via the normal means on windows 7, it somehow didn't work.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, thanks for this plugin

just installed mpNZB 1.5.4 (installed via MPEI Installer) for first time as well and had this exact issue,

it is not creating or saving C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mpNZB.xml on my main htpc. There is nothing in the logs to indicate there is a issue or why it didnt create/save the file

strangely, i tried it on a second htpc and it did work, not really sure why the configs are almost exactly the same, but i copied across the xml from that to the main htpc to get it running.

MP 1.2.2 + StreamedMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom