Configuration and/or program freezing at 5sec intervals (1 Viewer)

heartlandrc

May 13, 2009
I'm having trouble with the program freezing at 5 second intervals.
Mouse pointer disappears and program is unresponsive, then pops right back up and works fine for another 10 seconds. Its like clockwork

Hopefully I have included enough information to help diagnose the problem? I would like to use this program, its exactly what we need for the HTPC!

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate
CPU Type: E6750
HDD: seagate 7200rpm 1tb
Memory: 4g corsair
Motherboard: p5k asus
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 8800GT
Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.8250
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you have no tv card, then try removing TVServer and client, you are getting no connection errors between the two, if you have a TVcard, then you need to configure TVServer :)

heartlandrc

May 13, 2009
    Bingo Problem solved.
    I uninstalled the TV Server and it works like a charm. Now i've decided to go get a tv card, go figure :)

Thanks for the help

digitalfm

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    If you have no tv card, then try removing TVServer and client, you are getting no connection errors between the two, if you have a TVcard, then you need to configure TVServer :)

Hi, I have the same problem. I don't have TV server installed on my second HTPC, only the TV client plugin in order to receive TV streams from my TV Server. If I uninstall the TV client plugin as above it works but then I can't watch TV streaming from my other HTPC so that isn't really a solution.

It appears a TV plugin v1.0.2 issue as when my TV server is running everything is fine. Turn off my TV server and my client HTPC freezes again every 10 seconds.

MP1 works ok.

Sounds like a bug. Are the developers looking into this as it appears a common problem.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    digitalfm

Hmmm, Server is meant to be on, are you using PowerScheduler plugin's, as heartbeat is sent between the two, ie server\client.

If you are using any other config, then logs would be needed, and a step by step way of reproducing error.

Regards

uli_vergan

Portal Member
    March 15, 2008
    Same Problem?

TV-Server Version: 1.0.2.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide 1.0.1.0
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3 + All Updates
    CPU Type: AMD Phenom Q9500 QUAD Core
    HDD: 640GB Western Digital Black Series 32MB Cache SATA
    Memory: 4GB DDR-667Mhz (2 x 2GB Sticks
    Motherboard: MSI 7367
    Video Card: NVidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Video Card Driver: Forceware 185.85
    Sound Card: Realtek HD (on-board MSI)
    Sound Card AC3: Realtek HD (on-board MSI)
    Sound Card Driver: 10/2008
    1. TV Card: Compro E800F PCI-E
    1. TV Card Type: Analogue + Digital Combo
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest Compro-USA Web Site
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Tried them All! - Currently NVidia
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Tried them All! - Currently NVidia
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A
    HTPC Case: Generic
    Cooling: 2 x 120mm Outputs + 1 x 120mm Input
    Power Supply: Thermaltake ATX 550W
    Remote: Microsoft Original
    TV: Samsung 52" LCD 1020x1920 Full-HD
    TV - HTPC Connection: D-SUB

Hi all - Same Problem?

I have been using MediaPortal for some time time, and have been very happy with it. Ever since Version 1 (Now running 1.02) I have been experiencing lock-ups and mini-freezes (5 secs or so) when navigating in any of the MP menus.

There are several other posts where users have had the same issue and have solved it by entering the SQL password "MediaPortal" into the TV-SERVER Config. This has not solved the problem for me. The TV-SERVER functions correctly, and I can connect to the config OK, and watch TV in MP.

I have somewhat diagnosed the error - if I enter a "Wrong" TV-SERVER host name in the MP Client Config (I obviously can't watch TV), but the rest of MediaPortal runs fine - no menu freezes. As soon as I add the correct MP-SERVER host name the menu freezes start - MP still functions, just really slowly.

I have tried everything I can think of, but are at a dead end. The issues appears to be the communication between the MP client and the TV-SERVER (which are on the same PC) - I Just cant put my finger on it. Any help would be much appreciated.

MP 1.0.2 (Default Install - Single PC)

Ray - I've looked at the PowerScheduler plug-in - How do I configure it to at as a "heartbeat"? Will this help? It is currently disabled in both MP Client and MP Server.

Thanks in advance.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Ray - I've looked at the PowerScheduler plug-in - How do I configure it to at as a "heartbeat"? Will this help? It is currently disabled in both MP Client and MP Server.

Then if should have no effect.

Where any of these installs "upgrades" rather than a clean install, might be worthwhile installing from scratch, are you using all the latest versions of any plugins, try disabling one by one to see if there is a difference with performance.

What kind of network\internet connection do you have, that may be the cause, especially if wireless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom