Configure IRSS for the first time (1 Viewer)

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
hello,

I have the "Antec Fusion Remote" with VCD and i also have a MCE remote. I also have installed Soundgraph software but i don't like.
Some time ago i have tried to install IRSS but i could't configure.

Now, in this next weekend i will do a clean install of MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta and i would like to install IRSS.

Can someone help me with this?
Do i need to install soundgraph software (IMON)?
What steps do i need to do?

Cheers and sorry for my english.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Do i need to install soundgraph software (IMON)?
    What steps do i need to do?

yes, as far as I know IRSS needs the (driver) files of soundgraph, but you can disable the whole softwareafter after installation.

I use an old Version (7.77 but not sure and can't check actually).
    Also I use MCE mode of imon (configuration of IRSS Server), because I use a harmony One Remote and the Comands of ImonPad didn't work proper with it. But default of Imon Receiver is "ImonPad" so after disconectiong from Power, Remote Power (MCE) Button don't work. My system is only powering down to standby, so it's not relevant for me.

With "Translator"Programm of IRSS I configured several 3rd Party Applications like PowerDVD, everything around MediaPortal is configured within the IRSS Plugin of it.

Very Powerfull and it took a while to get into it, but gives great opertunities to increase WAF Factor ;)

For Example Macro "double Stop" to End TV with one Button and jump to home or Event to call Screen TV after Resume/Start, so TV playback starts automatic after Startup :)

Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Basically the only part of the HTPC I'm having problems is the remote. I have Antec Micro case with imon VFD and a Logitech Harmony remote. At the moment, I'm using Disaster's IMON version set up as imon and the Harmony as well.
    I'm experiencing the following problems:
    1) commands repeating (especially back and ok). I read that I should try to upgrade to the latest imon driver (I think I'm using a quite an old one, since I have just installed it for drivers, it is disabled at startup). Should I upgrade to the latest IMON driver?
    2) IRSS is running as application. If I exit MP and then I restart MP the remote is not working correctly. An arrow shows up that I control with the pad. The problem is, that IRSS is not active (the icon remains grey in the taskbar). If I restart it manually, then most of the time it works. Any ideas for this?

Can anybody confirm that the latest (non Disaster ed) of IRSS and the latest Imon driver is working correctly with MP 1.3RC? I guess I should set Imon as MCE and IRSS as MCE remote, and configure Harmony as MCE as well (exactly which model should I choose in Harmony?). Will it work without any problems or people still tend to use Disaster's edition?

I would so much like to resolve this issue with the remote and have a fully functional, normal remote.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Should I upgrade to the latest IMON driver?
    i think you can ! Imon manager, must be killed, when IRSS work (disabled run from start menu)

IRSS is running as application. If I exit MP and then I restart MP the remote is not working correctly. An arrow shows up that I control with the pad. The problem is, that IRSS is not active (the icon remains grey in the taskbar). If I restart it manually, then most of the time it works. Any ideas for this?
    i don't have this problem ...

try my preset, but is for Imon only

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Should I upgrade to the latest IMON driver?
    i think you can ! Imon manager, must be killed, when IRSS work (disabled run from start menu)

IRSS is running as application. If I exit MP and then I restart MP the remote is not working correctly. An arrow shows up that I control with the pad. The problem is, that IRSS is not active (the icon remains grey in the taskbar). If I restart it manually, then most of the time it works. Any ideas for this?
    i don't have this problem ...

try my preset, but is for Imon only

Thanks for your reply! But you are also using Disaster edition. Did you try the official IRSS? Is that working as well?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i have tested, the last IRSS 1.5 (not released yet, MPcontrolplugin crash MP), but you can test last 1.4 :
    no, i don't want test it on HTPC system, because my preset is set not for he.
    but i have tested with WorkStation (imon mini) seems working correctly ...

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Basically the only part of the HTPC I'm having problems is the remote. I have Antec Micro case with imon VFD and a Logitech Harmony remote. At the moment, I'm using Disaster's IMON version set up as imon and the Harmony as well.
    I'm experiencing the following problems:
    1) commands repeating (especially back and ok). I read that I should try to upgrade to the latest imon driver (I think I'm using a quite an old one, since I have just installed it for drivers, it is disabled at startup). Should I upgrade to the latest IMON driver?
    2) IRSS is running as application. If I exit MP and then I restart MP the remote is not working correctly. An arrow shows up that I control with the pad. The problem is, that IRSS is not active (the icon remains grey in the taskbar). If I restart it manually, then most of the time it works. Any ideas for this?

Can anybody confirm that the latest (non Disaster ed) of IRSS and the latest Imon driver is working correctly with MP 1.3RC? I guess I should set Imon as MCE and IRSS as MCE remote, and configure Harmony as MCE as well (exactly which model should I choose in Harmony?). Will it work without any problems or people still tend to use Disaster's edition?

I would so much like to resolve this issue with the remote and have a fully functional, normal remote.

i have the exact same problem
    if i use app mode
    windows starts up and the tray loads but its grey (not started)
    if i manually start it it works

if i run it in service mode
    it starts up and is green
    but the remote dosent work

in all cases it only works in app mode
    but in app mode it will not fully start without manualy clicking the triangle start app

any resolutions for this yet?

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    *** Solved ***

to all the others with the same issue
    loading the tray at startup is not enough
    you must also load the ir server exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite\IR Server.exe (64bit)
    or
    C:\Program Files\IR Server Suite\IR Server.exe (32bit)

i assumed all that was needed was the tray as thats all thats available in the start > programs , start group
    i dug arround in program files and found the exe

as a note to the developer
    since the main exe (ir server.exe) is key to making it work
    could you please add it to the start menu group in the next version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom