Configure Series / Movie Description Language (1 Viewer)

Meier

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello.

First of all thanks for the amazing work. I have one big Problem with Alpha 4 and didn't find a way to correct this. In the GUI I switched the language to german but the series and movie descriptions are all (as far as I have seen) in english - is there a way to configure the description language?

Thanks

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me it works so it is hard to tell without logs. Whats your OS language?

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh - which logs do you need? I checked them and didn't find anything related to the language (in the Server logs). Server and Client OS is English. Is the OS language used? Then it would be really helpfull to make the Import language configurable (like in MP1).

[edit]
    attached an example Import log

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh - ok - but if I read the whole post @Lehmden writes that the language is used which is configured in mp Client. I installed MP Server (separate System) and MP Client. I started MP Client - switched the language to german and then connected the Client to the Server. According to Lehmdens post then the things should have been imported in german or?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not according to morpheus post. ;)
    Can't you switch to german OS and test?

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not according to morpheus post. ;)
    Can't you switch to german OS and test?
    Ah - ok - but whats not clear does it depend on Client or Server os? I can test it in the new year with a german os - but I would Need to know if i Need to Switch Server or Client :)

Best regards

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As promised I did the tests with a german os - and here are the results:
    Client: German
    Server: English
    => Import: English

Client: German
    Server: German
    => Import: German

So for me it Looks like it depends on the Server OS language :( Is there any Chance to Change the behaviour to use the language configured in MP Client or to make the Import language configurable?

Thanks

Another Thing I noticed:
    Neither during setup nor during program start it's checked if DX9 is installed - but without that MP2 isn't running. Is it possible to add this (like in MP1) in the installer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom