Configuring/Training USB-UIRT (1 Viewer)

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I believe I've trained the USB-UIRT correctly--taking over a two minutes to enter each of the remote codes. However, when I try to change channels, nothing happens.

Also, my satellite box sleeps after X hours of inactivity. The only way to wake it up is to precede channel info with the Select/Enter command. However, the USB-UIRT configuration only seems to permit appending 'Enter" after the channels, not before. Am I wrong?

Any assistance is always greatly appreciated.

Patrick.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Patrick

It sounds like you're talking about the USB-UIRT configuration in MediaPortal configuration. Can you confirm?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...mization/00_Configuration/8_Remote/22_USBUIRT

That configuration won't actually allow you to control your set top box despite what it says.

You need to configure a blaster plugin with TV Server. I recommend you try IRSS. It comes with the TVE 3 blaster plugin (make sure you say you want to install this during the IRSS installation process). That should get you closer to what you want.

mm

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks, mm.....

I did install IRSS. I'll keep plugging away.

Patrick

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    mm...
    Thanks very much. I seem to have been able to get STB control through IRSS/TVE3 going.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom