[no Bug] Conflict management of planned recordings (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
In MP 1.2.3. it was not possible to program two overlapping recordings. I always got a message to discard one of these two recordings.

After updating to 1.3.0 beta it is possible to program two or more overlapping recordings on different channels on one tv-card.

Additional to that issue I get a message „unbekannter Fehler“ (unknown error?) when I try to change the tv-card while the first one is recording

I’ve got 3 tv-cards in my HTPC, one DVB-S2 and two DVB-T. Does anybody else have the same problems?

I’ve gone back to MP 1.2.3 so I got no logs (it’s the living room-HTPC). Maybe I can upgrade again on Friday or Saturday to provide logs.

eagle

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In MP 1.2.3. it was not possible to program two overlapping recordings. I always got a message to discard one of these two recordings.

Hi not sure what you are experiencing, are the channels you were trying to record only linked to one card or to all 3, remember, tvserver can record ALL channels on the same mux\transponder, so if the 2 recordings are on this, then 1 card can be used, without logs we cannot go any further with this :(

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx for your reply.

sorry for the lack of infos :) The recordings which can be planned overlapped are on different transponder (Das Erste, ZDF). The first recording starts at the given time and ends when the start time of the second recording is reached. Then the second recording starts. This happens on the DVB-S2-Card.

The second problem I got is that I can't watch TV on the DVB-T-Card while the DVB-S-Card is recording.

As I said in my starting post I'll install 1.3.0 on Friday or Saturday again to get the logs. I searched the forum for these issues but couldn't find a thread concerning it. I started the thread in the hope that somebody else has a solution out of the box (config or something like that)

eagle

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The second problem I got is that I can't watch TV on the DVB-T-Card while the DVB-S-Card is recording.

Something is totally screwed there, years ago we tested MP with 7 cards all recording at the same time, not sure whether anyone has beaten that, but many users have a dual dvb-t and dual dvb-s\2 running fine, are they all set to the same record\timeshift folders, preferably not on the Windows OS drive, or even a partition of it.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... but many users have a dual dvb-t and dual dvb-s\2 running fine, are they all set to the same record\timeshift folders, preferably not on the Windows OS drive, or even a partition of it.

Got the same configuration as you wrote (non-OS HD, same recording folder)

It runs with MP 1.2.3 flawlessly. Haven't changed the hardware and setting for MP 1.3.0 beta. Maybe a new install will solve the problem. It seems that no one but me has got the issue. Let's see it at the weekend. Thx so far

eagle

Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    You need to thoroughly check your channel mapping within TVSERVER.

There is also a rare possibility that if you have used idle epg grab that may have blocked the tuner (rare, I have never been able to reproduce this).

I have had 6 DVB-T/T2 and Four DVB-S/S2 recording/timeshifting at the same time without problems (tests only as there is never that many concurrant good programs on broadcast); regularly 4 tuners with multiple recordings per tuner/mux.

From what I remember even 1.2.3 you could overide the recommendation of recording conflicts (pre/post recording settings will envoke this conflict also)
    The second recording forcing the first to stop in this event (changing individual pre/post for each schedule helps reduce loss of end of first recoding).

Post some clean logs and maybe even update your details and system specs in your profile.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    all things are going well :) After restoring my system to the state it was before MP 1.3.0 beta, I installed the beta again, installed the tv-cards-driver, scanned channels and mapped them to the cards. Now MP works like I expected it to work. Sometimes (often) the error sits in front of the screen.

Sorry for troubling you

eagle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom